Challenging Health Situation

Dear fellow pioneers!
I am writing this note because a friend of mine is struggling… and maybe - just maybe - someone here has an idea / concept / knowledge to share.
In short: my friend recently suffered from Herpes-Enzephalitis, 6 weeks after receiving the second Covid vaccination (Pfizer). 2 of his Doctors believe this was caused by the Vaccine, and other Doctors (incl his neurologist) don’t believe it was caused by it.

Whilst he is in good hands overall and is closely monitored, I would still like to understand and learn if someone here on this forum has
. experience in retraining the brain to regain short term memory function
. any other recommendation about recommended activities, routines that might help someone who suffered from an inflammation and bleeding in the brain.

I am deliberately not asking for input related to “was this caused by the vaccine or not”, simply because it won’t help him, no matter the answer…

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this @laurent.rossier . Totally recognise this is not a commentary on the vaccine but an ask to see if anyone has come across this. Let me see if Prof Casarett (@dcasarett) or Dr Dahmer (@stephendahmermd) have come across this or know any colleagues that may have in their experience as clinicians. In the meantime our thoughts with you and your friend and a recovery soon. :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you.
Let’s see if anybody has some input to share.

1 Like

@laurent.rossier this one slipped through. I hope your firend is doing ok. As a physician in New York, I have seen a good number of cases of marked viral reactivation and it is not clear if the vaccine or the actual COVID infection is the true cause.
For almost ten years I have practiced a form of medicine called “functional medicine” - in addition to antivirals and anti-inflammatory medications (usually steroids in cases like these) we explore a number of other potential adjuntive therapies from botanicals, to supplemental vitamins and minerals, to nutritional approaches. These should be catered specifically to your friend, so I hesitate to make any concrete receommendations. YOu can find functional practitioners here - https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/
As an example of a functional approach, here is a good article delineating a funcional approach to COVID-19: https://www.ifm.org/news-insights/the-functional-medicine-approach-to-covid-19-virus-specific-nutraceutical-and-botanical-agents/
As you see - above and beyond what most of us will receive when goin to our doctor - yet stil aiming to be rooted in evidence (of efficacy) while minimizing harm (reminds me of Sofi!).
hope that helps in some way.
wishing your friend health.

5 Likes

Thank you for your input @stephendahmermd

3 Likes