Does your dog show empathy

My lovely labrador shows me such empathy which I find comforting when I’m feeling anxious… she puts her head on my lap and understands. Does anyone else feel this from their dog. Every little helps :blush:

8 Likes

Amazing and adorable … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you know I read this study that showed one of the greatest impacts on the sense of pain is the recognition by someone else that we are feeling it … I think I posted about this study in empathy and pain a few months ago … but like all old studies involved cute little four legged creatures … there were two mice … totally fine … one had something injected in a little foot that made the poor soul limp … they removed a divider between the two mice so they could see and observe each other … the second mouse started to limp a little … and the first mouse limped a little less … love how nature can show us the way xx :pray:

4 Likes

Heres our dog Charlie he is a three year old fox red lab he is completly crazy and also loving and caring when i suffer with migrains he comes and lays by me on the sofa, and wont leave my side and also when your ill he does the same thing x

10 Likes

Wonderful… ours is Bella who is 4 and so gentle and affectionate

4 Likes

So gorgeous. Bet he really brightens up your day

4 Likes

What a stunning soul mate … you’re a lucky person @angelascotney :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@Mick1 Its so lovely when there so affectionate x

3 Likes

My cat Missy does this! She knows when im not feeling good etc and shows me so much love

5 Likes

Such a precious photo! Look at those soft, happy eyes!

If you’re UK based, I recently watched “inside the mind of a cat” and found it completely captivating! There’s so much we still have to learn from and about the intelligence and abilities of our furry friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh i know! Shes so beautiful and such a beautiful soul! Shes my little furbaby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: yes i am uk based, I’ll have to look up that programme, i love learning new things about cats! Thanks @alexwalkerjones youre amazing! As are the whole team and so are all my fellow pioneers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

@charliekluf82 he really does :heart:

3 Likes

This is my doggie bonsai next to the sofi pebble :heart: love her to bits.

When I’m sad she comes and goes to sleep. When I’m anxious she sleeps. When I’m excited the looks and goes to sleep.
When I can’t sleep she snores and sleeps. :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging: Wouldn’t change her for the world :joy::joy::joy: she’s never been very over excited in life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: she got pug in her so not very energetic :heart::heart:

8 Likes

Our furry friends keep us going when we need it

7 Likes

She sounds like she has exceptional almost mystical sleep powers! We should work on a Bonsai spray after Ashwaghanda! adorable xx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sleeping beauty :heartbeat:

5 Likes