Does anyone have days like this?

Hi I’m kinda new here,

Been living with anxiety, depression and all the sleep issues that come with for most of my life. I get good days and bad days just like everyone else but recently I’ve noticed that I have days when everything looks off. Like the house looks messy and dirty even though it really isn’t or I look in the mirror and all I see are flaws, never anything good.
Our ability to see the worst of everything always takes me by surprise.
If this or something similar happens to you, how to you deal with it? Or make it change?
I would like to learn how to manage this better

4 Likes

Hey, this is all too common. I’ve found that reminding myself i have anxiety at times like this can help me stay calm and not pay too much attention to the fact that everything is looking off. I also find breathing exercises and meditation also help. I tend to watch videos on YouTube and on social media that show insights into parts of the world where poverty is rife or interviews with people from war torn countries, this really puts a lot of things in perspective for me and changes the way I look at things and my own life. There’s numerous “Ted Talks” on YouTube that are related to anxiety and positive thinking which you can watch at times like these. “Anxiety is just the emotion that tells us something is too important for us to lose focus of”. If you can see or do things, which change the way you see these important things as not important then you’ll find yourself snapping out of that feeling very quickly. I know this is just a short term cure but hopefully it can help you change the way you perceive things in the long term. Wishing you all the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes