On Capybara in The Treehouse

You may be thinking why we would create such an amazing topic in the treehouse … This morning, @vincent and I were trying to understand why we seem to get “capybara” as a frequent search term of traffic landing in our treehouse … you be pleased to know that as an urban dweller (@sonja.ekkers.77) I had no idea what it was … Vincent pointed out that he thought it was a giant rat or mouse! So the mystery continued to grow … lots of inbound traffic looking for Capybara (anyone reading this and wanting to learn more here is a useful wiki page … ). We were still somewhat puzzled by this mystery … till we decided to start typing s … o … f … and google filled in the rest “capybara sofia” … what a lovely creature! So I’m sorry to say for those looking for this wonderful rodent you will not find too many of them in this treehouse … but we welcome you all the same! xx :grinning:

11 Likes

I know they have a big family of them in Chessington Zoo here in the UK. Very cute :grin:

5 Likes

Haha! I think I can solve this mystery! :face_with_monocle: :blush:

I noticed recently that as part of the welcome tutorial, our lovely discobot helps new Pioneers with a few of the basic interactions. This includes actions such as liking a comment, flagging a post for moderation, and searching for specific key terms (see below)!

The example “search word” of choice?

capybara it is :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love capybaras. I worked in Japan and there was a zoo you could go and feed and stroke some of the animals. They are giant guinea pigs and feel like a hairy pig :pig2: :heart::heart: they are so cute would love to have a pet capybara I might have some pictures of the once in Japan will have to look.

7 Likes

That is exceptional work … so a double coincidence and not just the common love for these four letters you think … “s” … “o” … “f” … “i” … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so cute :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Sherlock here figures it out! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yep, in the new user tutorial :laughing: A giant rodent- or super hamster! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Speaking of - does anyone know how I can access the welcome tutorial please? I can’t find it anywhere (possibly a note to how badly I need it :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

Hi @Prakem, welcome to the treehouse - and good question!

From what I recall, the welcome robot should have left you a message as soon as your account was created here, and by following the steps they ask you to go, it will help you navigate the various buttons, how to post, etc. I’ve added a screenshot just below of mine :blush:

Otherwise, we have a treehouse index of our most useful / asked about pages which you can find here: Treehouse Index

The search button in the top right is also very useful when looking for specific key words, or topics. Please reach feel to post any questions or reach out anytime! It’s super awesome to have you here :pray: :sparkles:

5 Likes