On Capybara in The Treehouse

You may be thinking why we would create such an amazing topic in the treehouse … This morning, @vincent and I were trying to understand why we seem to get “capybara” as a frequent search term of traffic landing in our treehouse … you be pleased to know that as an urban dweller (@sonja.ekkers.77) I had no idea what it was … Vincent pointed out that he thought it was a giant rat or mouse! So the mystery continued to grow … lots of inbound traffic looking for Capybara (anyone reading this and wanting to learn more here is a useful wiki page … ). We were still somewhat puzzled by this mystery … till we decided to start typing s … o … f … and google filled in the rest “capybara sofia” … what a lovely creature! So I’m sorry to say for those looking for this wonderful rodent you will not find too many of them in this treehouse … but we welcome you all the same! xx :grinning:

9 Likes

I know they have a big family of them in Chessington Zoo here in the UK. Very cute :grin:

5 Likes

Haha! I think I can solve this mystery! :face_with_monocle: :blush:

I noticed recently that as part of the welcome tutorial, our lovely discobot helps new Pioneers with a few of the basic interactions. This includes actions such as liking a comment, flagging a post for moderation, and searching for specific key terms (see below)!

The example “search word” of choice?

capybara it is :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love capybaras. I worked in Japan and there was a zoo you could go and feed and stroke some of the animals. They are giant guinea pigs and feel like a hairy pig :pig2: :heart::heart: they are so cute would love to have a pet capybara I might have some pictures of the once in Japan will have to look.

7 Likes

That is exceptional work … so a double coincidence and not just the common love for these four letters you think … “s” … “o” … “f” … “i” … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so cute :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Sherlock here figures it out! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yep, in the new user tutorial :laughing: A giant rodent- or super hamster! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes