Program 1 results

Observation 1: Significant sleep pattern occurring every 1 and 7 days (indicating weekly cycling of sleep)

Observation 2: Sleep duration appeared to be most impacted by valerian use the evening prior (V-1), but sofi couldn’t quite confirm these results with a high enough certainty

Observation 3: Sleep quality appeared to be most impacted by valerian use between 1-3 days ago, but sofi couldn’t quite confirm these results with a high enough certainty.

Observations seem a little sketchy although sleep patterns have somewhat improved over the last few weeks.
Observation 1 looks spot on (7/10) but Observations 2 and 3 seem a bit hit and miss, so am unable to offer a mark for them.
Would love to find out what threw them out so much. I religiously used my pod as directed and journal daily at breakfast. I have used valerian and passiflora as a sleep inducer previously and think I am quite tolerant to both .
I cannot speak highly enough of the Sofi program and the friendly community spirit it has created. Long may it continue.
Colin😇

5 Likes

Excellent review,now i see how you’ve done yours i understand how im suppsed to copy and paste…i also havd only missed one journal day in months due to covid snd my stats are not high.thanks @CjaJose

5 Likes

Your welcome @jacquelinecannon1 , please don’t be influenced by my reservations regarding my results, much of which went over my head. I am still fully into sofi as a project and I hope you are too. 1 and 1 doesn’t always make 2.
Colin

4 Likes

Just a quick update on sleep patterns. Looking at my results over the past few weeks without any Valerian pods I’m surprised to find my sleep is not all that bad. I am suffering every second or third day but am at a loss to explain why.
:crazy_face::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

6 Likes

I find it fascinating how cyclical our sleep patterns seem to be. One good night, one bad, or two good nights, and one bad…so on and so forth. I’m so interested to see how they change or potentially progress over time with the next plants we’ll take!

I’ve definitely noticed that for me a particularly good and solid night’s sleep is usually followed by a restless one the next night. No idea why, it’s like my body doesn’t want to spoil me with sleep haha ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

That’s amazing to hear and something that @pamelaspence told me (adding her here so she can deliver it more correctly) … but plants may have an ability to nudge our bodies towards a better orbit rather than feeding it the missing chemistry and simply building dependence on them … there’s a world in which the plant intervention helps your body achieve a new happier balance … I remember when P told me this I was thinking … well let’s see. But interesting to hear your experience anecdotally … interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. :pray:

5 Likes

Well, this is the basis of the practice of all medical herbalists in our clinics. We make a plan to get our patients to the point where they don’t need us any more. So I always build in a testing phase to any treatment plan where we start to withdraw treatment and see at what point symptoms recur. The ultimate goal is to support the body to the point where it doesn’t need herbs any more. It doesn’t always work but that is always a key treatment goal.

Rather than winding down for sleep this evening, we are speeding across Germany, heading for Lake of Constance for a long overdue holiday - so forgive me if I am slow to respond to any threads! :de::herb:

5 Likes

Enjoy your well earned rest @pamelaspence. Relax, take in the views, the air and just chill.
:+1::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Have a safe trip P snd enjoy some much needed downtime. xx :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks guys I will do my best. Current view of Lake of Constance not too shabby with the Alps in the distance :blush::de::herb:

4 Likes

Looks beautiful, enjoy your holiday.
:sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

@pamelaspence, Looks serene and calming - relax and enjoy your stay there. Thank you for all your efforts and time spent with us! :pray: :smiling_face: :coffee:

4 Likes

Been away for a few days and not sleeping well at all. My depth of sleep appears to have deteriorated dramatically since last Friday. Might be more dependent on Valerian than I thought.
:-1::crazy_face::sleeping_bed:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you have experienced sleeplessness recently … the good thing is the new release will be out soon!
I have no problem being more dependent on herbal things than any medications. Take care and talk soon. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @pira , its been a learning experience for all of us. With the help of Sofi and the great team behind her, plus members like yourself we will hopefully come out of this smiling.
Good health :+1::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

3 Likes

My pleasure @CjaJose! Like yourself, I am a newbie to social networking. I found sofi and its community so real, loyal, and caring, which made me happy to be part of it and meet people like yourself. All the best and talk soon. :smiling_face: :pray:

2 Likes