What do you have in your garden that makes you smile?

Hoping these will upload @Sunflower

9 Likes

Goodness, what a busy garden! I expect you have a lot of wild life though?

6 Likes

I have few different types of flowers planted out my back garden i love going out and tebding to them

9 Likes

Alas, no. Preventing foxes from fouling where we walk inevitably precludes most four-footed visitors apart from the odd hedgehog. Were we living somewhere more rural, I daresay we’d be much better acquainted with the wildlife!

A.

5 Likes

Owh, never mind. All gardens are beautiful

4 Likes

Hi, welcome to our community. Its great, always someone to talk to, and loads of interesting information and people to meet. Hope you enjoy :sunflower:

3 Likes

Welcome to this beautiful community here @Jro1090 snd super excited to have you on this journey with us … can’t wait to see how you and some of our power plants get along! :pray:

6 Likes

What a beauty @pamelaspence … I still think I had the most incredible effect from valeriana :pray:

6 Likes

Beautiful birds :grin:

8 Likes

I love to hear the chattering of the birds first thing too. Have a happy friday :sunflower:

7 Likes

I dont have a garden but love to spend time in my nans she takes such good care of it. Full of colour theoughout the year and she has a silver birch that weeps down its so magical.

6 Likes

What a wonderful description :sparkles:

5 Likes

Here’s another beauty from the herb garden that I harvested this weekend.

Meet Skullcap (Scutellaria altissima) who just missed the cut for the sofi plant pod list! She ia amazing at helping hot-headed people keep their irritability levels down when they are stressed. In fact I have nick-named it ‘keep the heid’.(You need to read that in a Scottish accent :grin:).

I couldn’t run my dispensary without it. And it just might be a staple in my own herbal mix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::herb:

8 Likes

That is an an absolute beauty… would we get this one on our pipeline ahead of the other plants we have discussed @pamelaspence … and this was from a walk a little earlier :heart::pray:

6 Likes

Skullcap came off the list because it was too specific for a small group of people. Still a beauty and one of my most treasured plants in the dispensary :herb:

Nice walk! :herb:

4 Likes

What a lovely prompt! I love being out in the garden that i’m fortunate to share with my housemates, but when I’m inside it’s still a lovely, leafy view to do some work from. The birds are in full chorus usually, and the light and greenery really help my mood. It’s a garden that really fills your nose with petrichor when it’s rained (we had an ASTONISHING thunderstorm in Liverpool last night!!!).

6 Likes

What an incredible view @jsmnbrt and welcome to our little community here at the treehouse … I remember before I moved to the little flat I am leaving in I was in a garden flat with an amazing backyard (during the pandemic) … I can’t tell you how important it was for my physical and mental sense of balance to ground in the grass and play with a few plants … there is something about being earthed - connected with your hands to living things … and just as you say … see life fly from flower to flower perfectly ambivalent to the electric noise and the black mirrors … there was continuity and serenity which during times of great social upheaval - isolation - was almost therapeutic … happy Monday! A picture from my old garden flat :pray:

8 Likes

Hello, and welcome to our community. You have a beautiful view, i see someone elses foot is also enjoying the view! I hope you enjoy your time here, there is always someone to talk to, and also always something interesting to read :books:

5 Likes

What a lovely lush garden @Kaveh , and semi wild just like ours! It’s nice when you can have some good structure but also allow the plants to spread their leaves and not be confined to a strict border. I think it’s good practise for our own selves!
I love that interesting wall with the stone coming out - what a great border! Keeping that idea tucked away for my own garden one day.

4 Likes

Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s been a lovely green view with many a critter in the trees opposite.
I’m looking forward to exploring this little community - I hope it grows into a healthy space to share and be shared with.

Looking at the picture it does look disembodied, but it is actually just my foot at a strange angle, @Sunflower :joy:

5 Likes