What do you have in your garden that makes you smile?

In my garden i have a tiny vegetable patch, all the veg are grown from seed, and i have Cleo, my Leopard Tortoise. We also have lots of bird feeders and many, many Starlings!!! Just waiting for all my flowers to bloom :grin:

22 Likes

I would love a garden but dont have one. Instead i rent an allotment which was a lifesaver to go to during Covid and when the tourist season makes the town heaving with visitors, too much for me sometimes
Cleo is a handsome tortoise!

11 Likes

One year i found a toad in my allotment so i made him a little pond to swim in with steps to get out and made him a shelter. Ungrateful Mr Toad bug***ed off!
Had a frog in the following year but nothing since. Pond probably not luxurious enough - somewhat ‘bijou’ !

9 Likes

Thankyou, hes very friendly, and weirdly fun to have around

5 Likes

We only have a small yard but my son makes me smile every time he plays out there and gets his hands mucky :smiling_face:

10 Likes

A quality Mud Pie if I’ve ever seen one! Too cute! :laughing:

6 Likes

Just what childen should be doing :grin::+1:

7 Likes

Aww beautiful :heart_eyes:! I love to sit in the garden when the grass is lovely and cut and watch the kids running wild and free and our little Staffie following behind with his wagging tail and big Staffie smile :smile:.

8 Likes

My favourite smell of summer used to be fresh cut grass (till I developed a terrible seasonal allergy to it :pray:…. But that does sound idyllic @AshJay and can I say what a fine looking :turtle: @Sunflower :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Perhaps I can encourage our lovely @pamelaspence to share a few pics of her lovely sofi medicinal plant garden at home … it is just stunning! :heart::pray:

8 Likes

Well first up… here’s valerian to wish you a good morning! She’s in full bloom now and the flowers have such a delicate perfume that belie the strength of the root!

11 Likes

I used to have a staffie, her name was Tazzy. She was amazing with the children, she would lay by their cots until they woke, a priper Nanny dog. We had her for 15 years, and still miss her

6 Likes

Thankyou, i think hes rather dashing too :grin:

6 Likes

My pizza oven :pizza:

8 Likes

This Lupin!
We planted it last year, just sort of stuck it in the ground where there was a space and it’s more than doubled in size this year!

It’s massive, colourful and impressive!

And it helps me to forget about the swathes of my neighbours ivy that’s threatening to choke the rest of the garden!

9 Likes

How cool is that?!? What a great idea

5 Likes

Awh, lupins, theyre so beautiful, one of my favourites, but unfortunately a favourite of the snails :snail: in my garden too. I also love delphiniums and foxgloves, all the country garden flowers.

6 Likes

Goodmorning Pamela, i would love to see the other plants you have in your garden.

5 Likes

You’re clearly more organised than us, @Sunflower. We have a long, narrow garden (typical London terrace) which used to host annual garden parties for 20 odd friends and now resembles a jungle, with around 15 Acer’s vying for supremacy, a lilac that shields us from nosey neighbours during the Summer and a ‘lawn’ that, for reasons unknown, has refused to grow this year!

9 Likes

Oh crikey, not at all. I was surprised that any of them grew as they were mostly out of date seeds. I would love an organised garden, it will get there one day :blush:

6 Likes