Happiness i found this week

My daily journal asked me to share why i felt happy today, although tired. The reason is that i have got back to exercising, swimming every morning, yoga and climbing in the evenings, i feel so much more liberated and free inside…sounds crazy, but ive shared what made me happy this week x

12 Likes

Sounds like a busy week but it’s great to hear you’ve found some joy from it all :slight_smile: they say exercise can make you feel mentally better alongside physically :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done,!!! so often we prioritize chores before the things that make us feel well. When in fact, when we have done things that make us feel well we are in a much better position to accomplish the more boring things in life. Keep it up xxx

5 Likes

That’s amazing @Sunflower and you know if I managed half of that I think I would be there with you right now! What an awesome week indeed :pray:

2 Likes

Thankyou, i am a wife, mother and grandmother…always there for everyone but myself. This week i was selfish and it felt wonderful, but infact the times i was doing things for myself didnt interfer with anyone else

5 Likes

Thankyou, that is a strong fault that i have, but i had actually got ahead of my chores and felt able to relax enough to do what i wanted to do…felt naughty, but nice…why do we always feel so guilty?

3 Likes

Love this! It’s inspiring x

3 Likes

Good for you @Sunflower , all that exercise will be producing endorphins to make you feel good!

I used to walk a lot but finding it harder with fibro and arthritis, especially this year in my feet. Very frustrating but i am keeping on my allotment for as long as I can. A bit of digging, planting, and weeding, fairly gentle exercise i suppose but its what i can manage and it makes me feel good to be outside and achieving something. Im going to grow less veg (which the local deer, mice and badgers like to eat), and more herbs and flowers this year so it will be a nice place to be, especially to escape the crowds in the tourist season.

3 Likes

Hi, i found all the seeds that id been meaning to plant for several years, and set them aswell. I am pleased to say i have an abundance of baby rhubarb, broccoli, beetroot and flowers growing into healthy seedlings :seedling:. Nature is amazing isnt it? So therapeutic. I live in Swindon, England, i am hoping for some warm weather, as we have been suffering with a deluge of rain, wind and cloud for so long…although everything is a beautiful green, the grass n trees :deciduous_tree:, i also saw some poppies on the way to work…there is always something to make you smile. I am sorry that you have pain and discomfort with your feet, it must frustrate you not to be able to do as much as you want x

4 Likes

Thankyou. They say if you do something regularly it becomes a healthy, feelgood habit. Im trying, but am away next week, so will see if i can recapture the time again when im back x

3 Likes

Im curious about your life. The wildlife around you, and the tourists? :thinking:

2 Likes

There’s plenty of wildlife in my spot in the midlands, I’m lucky enough to live near a canal and I’m often walking the dogs over the nature reserve, it’s a wonder place to go to just be in nature. This time of year is when we tend to see all the signs of new life :blush: wildlife and wild flowers :cherry_blossom: and if you’re really lucky, you even spot a parakeet or two :blush: We always know when the weathers getting better, the sparrows and starlings start nesting in our roof :roll_eyes: some mornings the wake up tapping and singing is a little too early for me but it’s lovely to see them flying around outside.
I do have to be extra careful with my gardening though… lots of frogs and toads… I don’t want to squish them :rofl:

3 Likes

So many royal princes to pick from from @Zenra90 !! Make sure you watch your step :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Indeed, although I’m not sure how prince or princess like they are after I stick on the marigolds and return them to the canal :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s a love affair they will never forget @Zenra90 … i think I’m going for a long walk today but wishing everyone a wonderful, restful and restorative weekend … I I’ll be back here … may share a few pics of my stroll if I see anything exceptional on The Heath :heart::pray:

1 Like

Yes please, that’d be great!

2 Likes