Do any of you nap in the day or evening

Hi everyone
I know we are all fairly well informed as such on insomnia and sort of experts .as we have tried most things…so I have to admit I do nap :sleeping: at least every few days and it’s the best sleep I get .2 hours of bliss :blush:
I know it’s not a good idea if you have insomnia and sleep hygiene is so important but I have got into a strange routine which is hard to break …
Does anyone else nap in the day or evening?

2 Likes

I fall asleep on the couch nearly every evening. It’s not intentional… I’m watching TV, working on my computer or doing something on my phone and find myself waking up 1+ hours later.

I used to nap on weekends - which was mainly because of Uber-long workdays from Mo-Fr. And I loved them; as these power naps were powerfully recharging.
Nowadays, I hardly ever nap; rather trying to avoid it to ensure that I have a better night ahead of me…

I don’t nap every day but I do nap sometimes. And like you say, when I do, it’s the best quality sleep that I get! Seems to have no effect on my night time sleep at all. In fact I find sometimes I sleep better at night if I have napped in the day

2 Likes

Once I’ve finished the day of work, cook for the kids, clean it all up, and then sit down to watch tv with them before bedtime, I find it almost impossible to stay awake.

The kids (and me) find it frustrating at times, as they like me to be involved in watching a program, but even the most exciting movies or series that I want to stay awake for will not do the trick.

It’s often only an hour or so that I cannot stay awake, which is certainly not helpful for the night ahead. But a warm meal in my belly after a hard days work and the soothing sounds of a tv program are irresistibly drawing me into dreamland.

If I fight it, my restless legs will go banana’s and I have to stand up and do something as they drive me nuts. Ugh.

2 Likes

I get in from work and feel so tired and I have to stop myself nodding off because if I power nap for a second it adds 4 hours of no sleep as punishment I usually put on a film with Ryan Reynolds to make laugh that seems to focus my mind

4 Likes