Finally had a chance to take a pic of my Sofi Surprise!

Thanks for my Sofi Surprise!

Due to the dull weather here and the inability to track down a memorable photo location, as well as the lack of creativity in making a plan here, please accept my humble indoor photo :laughing:

I will be repurposing this into a necklace as soon as I get my hands on the components and a small drillbit :face_with_monocle:

15 Likes

Received and reserved @sheldonlkumm! Thanks so much :slight_smile: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hi, I’m new to Softi, I received my pebble today and even though I don’t know why I was sent it or the story behind my pebble I actually love it, today was starting out to be a really bad day then it arrived and made me smile and took my mind of things for a while and maybe my day won’t feel as bad. If you could explain the story/idea behind the pebbles I would really appreciate it. Thank you for listening x

15 Likes

Hey @xxbabydollxx!

I had the exact same reaction :slight_smile:
I was not sure what the purpose or intent of the pebble was.
I laughed so hard because was not expecting it.

That’s when someone gave me the idea to repurpose it into a necklace.
She said that when you don’t know the purpose of something, it just means it’s a blank canvas and that gives you the opportunity to create the purpose.
She said that because it brought on laughter; if I wear it around my neck it will serve as a personal reminder of just that. Laughter. Spontaneous laughter to be precise. And I found that to be more than enough of a reason for having it :slight_smile:

Regarding the story behind the pebbles, I actually just received a mailer from Sofi today with a roundup of some important articles; one of which was in part an explanation of the origin of these pebbles. I will link it below.

And I have to say, knowing that someone picked this up to give to me is special in a very subtle way. An effort was made and was received with appreciation and joy as a result. Maybe this was exactly the purpose as the exact reason is yet unknown to me.

16 Likes

That has blown me away but the pebble did what it was supposed to do and that was to make me happy and that no matter how bad things are I’m still allowed to smile, I will be making a necklace out if it too as it will always be a reminder of today and that there are wonderful people out there so the world isn’t that bad :blush:

14 Likes

I love this @sheldonlkumm … you made my night! Thank you. :pray:

7 Likes

I loved reading your story @sheldonlkumm <3

I especially enjoyed your friends’ way of explaining that ‘when you don’t know the purpose of something, it just means it’s a blank canvas and that gives you the opportunity to create the purpose.’

That’s such a great way of looking at things.

I’m so glad to see these pebbles bring such joy and what a great idea to make it into a necklace! You must share your results when you’ve finished yours and I hope you will too @xxbabydollxx!

7 Likes

I loved the friends explanation too
Thank you for sharing - made me smile

5 Likes

Such a great story here
Loved your friends view (pretty cool person that)
Thank-you for sharing made me smile too!

6 Likes

Happy that such a simple story brought so much meaning to people!
I received the necklace string today, now I just need the silver clamp which I will get over the weekend hopefully, but will definitely share the pic once it’s done!
Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sheldon,
Because of your note, I will make a necklace of my pebble received today … it’s going to remind me of laughter, joy, and appreciation. Thank you :pray:

5 Likes

You are much too kind @pira <3

4 Likes

as xxbabydollxx said: “… there are wonderful people out there …” - namaste <3

5 Likes

My all-time favorite word. Namaste - “My soul sees yours” :smiley:

6 Likes

… “I bow to you.
My soul honours your soul.
I honour the light, love, truth, beauty and peace within you because it is also within me.
In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, we are one.” namaste :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My cat Kheshi had a hot stone massage with my pebble

8 Likes

That’s amazing @Jasmine !! Very chilled cat … glad you are on this journey with us … then again, you’ve been there from the beginning … so very grateful! :pray:

4 Likes

Super CoolKitty there - "having a hot stone massage

4 Likes