Past life regression

Am I on my own in thinking that sleep problems are linked to a previous life , I know it’s deep but I feel as though a past life that has not been resolved can move to this life and cause us endless sleeping disorders maybe this is why our minds can’t relax and unwind due to past issues or anything we block out and push deep down only shows itself when we are vulnerable from lack of sleep such as hearing noises or voices
I am considering past life regression to see if it helps but I’m also nervous it may make things worse if that’s possible
Any be advice would be great

5 Likes

Chris, I wonder if there is anything on this in some of the other cultures and their approaches to health and healing that may be interesting to ask if @stephendahmermd every came across any of this when he was working with different cultures and tribes across the world.

3 Likes

What an interesting idea :bulb:.My mother in law just had a past life regression and found it a very positive experience…she was a man apparently in her past life…the regression usually shows you a certain past life for a reason, so lessons can be learnt ,so you never know it may bring up some interesting stuff.

2 Likes

Its gets to that point where you are so deprived of sleep we are at battle with ourselves.

Sleep deprivation has been used as torture for 100s of years and you mentality brakendown, somthing i wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Chin up we get. Through this together im sure.

5 Likes

Only had one such experience so far and if was amazing…
The “healer” knew things which were impossible for him to know - and yes, some truth came out that had been hidden so far. It was a liberating experience to say the least; like closing a chapter.
However, I can imagine that this could be quite unsettling for some. So I would advise caution and a LOT of background checks on the healer who does it with / for you.

4 Likes

@Kaveh I did not see much of PLR in my travels. Also, this is not a topic we were taught in medical school! At all.

@chris.king5 Jim Tucker’s article, back in 2008, first opened my eyes to the power of this therapy.

I do have a close friend who DOES know a lot about PLR! https://www.danielryancrt.com/
He routinely utilizes PLR - but usually not first line for sleep/insomnia. You can read more yourself below on some of his thoughts.

I do wonder if others in the Tree House have utilized hypnotherapy. It is a therapy that carries a lot of stigma, but, in my experience, is a very powerful and successful intervention for my patients.
hope it is helpful!
sd

Daniel writes - Past Life Regression as an intervention can be helpful and beneficial in providing possible context and understanding for the how and why of sleep issues. That understanding can drive behavior and progress in various ways that are case-by-case depending on lifestyles and belief systems.
More often, present-based clinical hypnosis will be effective in resolving sleep issues and insomnia. The hypnogogic states and liminality built into the practical experience put us in the right direction as a neurological foundation for sleep immediately. Combined with intuitive and productive therapy, we have a winning combination.
Past Life Regression as a form of hypnotherapy includes this, but in PLR we don’t know where the experience will take us. That dynamism is part of why we do it, but present-based hypnosis is more reliable and predictable as a process.
Abreactions happen, though they are rare. This is why working with someone experienced and trustworthy is essential; so whatever arises it can be addressed and worked with in the moment. And whatever can’t be addressed immediately, a workable strategy can be developed for the longer term.
In my opinion, sleep issues in this lifetime will usually have roots in this lifetime and probably the recent past. That said, when someone comes to me saying their sleep issues have spiritual origins I do not argue with them. We discuss the nuances and I’m happy to proceed using PLR to help resolve and overcome the challenge. I generally don’t suggest it as a primary form of treatment, but it absolutely shines as a creative intervention that can achieve unique benefits and lasting relief.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice and link , it’s something that I’m treating with trepidation don’t know if I want to open a door to that yet but it’s good to be here and getting advice

3 Likes

Thankfully I know my past life, who I was previously, not by name but I know what my /her life was, when, where, age and a big part of what she went through but I only know the childhood, not sure she loved past late teens, early twenties.

2 Likes