S1 | the sofi brain - initial findings

Thanks Kaveh I can honestly say my journey with Sofi has been nothing short of a miracle. When I started out I really thought that I would never find help with sleep and anxiety but from the very first spray of Valerian infused pockets of awesomeness I noticed an immediate difference, my sleep got better and when I do wake I get back to sleep quickly. Sofi is improving me on a daily basis I have to say I’m still getting used to my journey but I love it and I can’t thank you all at Sofi for your amazing work please keep moving forward creating amazing pods of super plant juice🥳

8 Likes

That’s a really awesome result for us and sofi @chris.king5 - so grateful to have you on this journey and so pleased that our first plant has been useful. Can’t wait to see how you respond to the other plants! :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this feedback @chris.king5 :heart: It means the world to us to hear this and let’s us know we’re on the right track. We can’t and don’t want to do this without the input of yourself and others to make sure we create the best experience for everyone. And hearing that sofi is having a genuine positive impact on your life is all we could ever hope for. Thank you for being with us and sharing your journey. You’re awesome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just a thought on how each persons dosage may vary, I have the constitution of a rhinoceros, so whenever I need meds for pain for instance, it takes a strong dose to have an effect. I am really surprised that just 6 sprays a day has had such a big effect. I understand that each one is different so some may need to start with a low dose and increase if not much result.

7 Likes

Fantastic @Kaveh and @pamelaspence, great insight. I feel more relieved that I can adjust without messing up your data while still enjoying the benefits of the Sofi pods! x

4 Likes

Hi! Here are my results. See my previous post above for details about my sofi experience. :slight_smile: To be honest, I’ve spent quite a while looking at my results but am actually quite confused about how to interpret them! For example, how could it be that my sleep was improved from taking sofi specifically ten days prior?

I pretty much had a different sleep experience every night I took sofi, which largely depended on what additional supplements I had to take (GABA, magnesium, melatonin, etc) and my anxiety levels. So for observation #3, I didn’t personally feel like my sleep duration was improved, because I had many nights of bad and disturbed sleep which resulted in fewer hours slept.

I’m not able to rate the observations yet as requested — could someone help me interpret them? Thank you :grin:

Observation 1: Significant sleep pattern occurring every 1 day (indicating fairly consistent sleep)

Observation 2: Sleep duration most impacted by valerian use 2 and 10 days prior (V-2 and V-10)

Observation 3: Spraying Valerian improved sleep duration by 85 mins with 95.7% certainty

5 Likes

Morning Savanna - let me have a go at explaining … so the sofi brain works purely on mathematical / statistical observations or patterns in your sleep. When we all baselined ourselves we created a sort of range of behaviour and fluctuation in our sleep ahead of taking the plant. When we started spraying the plant the sofi brain started to listen for changes in the variation of our sleep … it had a new data set as well - our valerian use from our sofi sticks. Every day as new sleep data would come in sofi would keep on asking herself whether the sleep pattern she was observing was within the range of your baseline sleep or whether by using this new data set it could better predict how you were going to sleep. Now one of the clever things that sofi does is to listen for lag effect - ie how many days ago spray action is affecting my sleep tonight … you can think of this as a complex combination of metabolism, personal response to plants but it suggests that rather than you sprayed last night and you slept last night that actually your body took a number of days to build up a level of valerian before the net effect had a predictive power on your sleep tonight. Another way of thinking of this is if you were spraying consistently and you didn’t spray tonight it wouldn’t impact your sleep tonight or tomorrow night as you have valerian built up in your system but it may take up to ten days for your system to fully get rid of the valerian - a sort of phase in and phase out. So in your case sofi observed both that your spray data from two nights ago and ten nights ago were a strong predictor of how you slept tonight. We found this lag effect to be incredibly individual - we would also expect that it would be nearly impossible to perceive that kind of lag effect (at least for me it was). Just incredibly useful to know! xx :pray:

5 Likes

Hi Kaveh, thanks so much for the response and explanation! That’s super interesting and great to know. I still can’t really rate sofi’s observations on accuracy because there were too many additional factors, but I like knowing the science and algorithm behind her conclusions. Looking forward to S2! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So many interesting analyses are being done here!

I don’t think I have all these views on my dashboard :frowning: but I’d love to have all this understanding about my sleeping patterns

2 Likes

For sure @emmanuellernunes … let me reach out to the sofi brain team and see what we can find xx :pray:

Ps. We just released a major update to the sofi app - now you can see your sofi score and the rest straight into the app … so for S2 you won’t need to ask for these observations … they will be there!

2 Likes

Thank you @Kaveh ! Sorry to ask about it, I’m a statistician, and I just can’t hold myself… I see some charts and analysis and I just want to do it as well hahahah :smiley:

I have another question, I finished all my pods some time ago, but I’m still doing the journaling. I removed the pods and left the stick empty, but I don’t know if my journal is being recorded or not.

2 Likes

Your baseline is being absolutely captured and it will be super helpful when we go to S2 to look for effect! So please continue. I will ask our brain guru @enricovarano to look into this right away and will post the results! :pray:

1 Like

I know we have bene talking about getting a better insight into the initial signal’s that sofi’s brain observed about your S1 Pioneer Program @Eevie and we finally have gotten to the bottom of it with some interesting implications for how we will evolve the sofi brain!

The first observation we had is that you were an amazingly consistent pioneer for a duration of time as shown here - and we seen this reflected in the data generated from the sofi stick and your journalling feedback. Your sofi score was also excellent during the duration of the trial.

At first when sofi was looking across the whole data set it would combine times when the use wasn’t very consistent with times where the use was consistent with times that were long after you had stopped taking the plant so it was getting a little bit confused. So if we look at the way you pioneered, firstly you tried the n.03 formulation:

and we noticed it was somewhat patchy (or our ability to capture the data was patchy)! But then things really improved …

and you became the picture of consistency … just looked at this!

And of course, your sofi score reflected this kind of rise towards a consistent window of pioneering as you can see here … starting towards the end of April and for the duration of the Pioneer Program …

Initially sofi was getting herself very confused because she was trying to make an observation over the entire data set - starting well before and continuing well after the really effective window. But when we asked her to focus purely at the window where your sofi score was high and you were consistent as a pioneer she discovered something really amazing about the impact of valerian on you.

It is without a shadow of a doubt that what sofi observed during that window was an extremely confident effect, namely:

sleep time
sleep time improvement: 25 minutes
minimum lag: 4 days
certainty: 97.2%

sleep quality
sleep quality improvement: 104%
minimum lag: 1 day
certainty: 99.8%

Your response in terms of sleep quality improvement was truly awesome - and the possibility that this was merely chance - well - less than 1 in 500!

So you and the sofi valerian formulation definitely had a mathematically meaningful relationship! As always love to hear your thoughts. But this deeper dive into your results has helped us into thinking what we need to roll out as improvements in the sofi brain roadmap. We are thinking of not only asking sofi to show the effect as it is being observed at the time that it is being accessed on the app, but also, for sofi to keep track of any confident signals she observes as a sort of high watermark of effect. This would then allow for intermittent Pioneering but still keep track of moments where a very loud signal is being observed. A special thx to @enricovarano and the sofi brain team for looking into this in more detail and of course to you @Eevie for being such an awesome patient Pioneer with us. xx :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your expertise you have a wonderful team who certainly take any problem seriously.

3 Likes

It’s all an opportunity for further discovery and we are entirely driven by the love and support that this community has given each other and us over the months. We are drawing up some final improvements to the S2 systems and should be all go shortly! Can’t wait for the next chapter! :pray:

2 Likes

Never appreciated how much time went into the development of a product before marketing, you certainly have given your all and I’m very grateful for the wonderful results. The analysis you sent was amazing looking forward to the next formula.:hugs:

3 Likes