Bed time routine

Does the way we sleep have anything to do with sleep

2 Likes

@bobstubbs25 Do you mean the position of your body? Either on your back, side, front etc?

From what I can see opinions are divided on that subject. I have a vague recollection that sleeping on your left side-front is ‘the best’. Something to do with the position of your heart and the way your digestive system works.

But I can see sleeping on your back and side as recommended positions as well.

I guess whatever feels comfortable to you really. I always think my body will naturally go into the form I sleep best in while I’m asleep.

To be honest, I find it pretty hard to fall asleep if my body isn’t in its ‘sleeping position’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean having a set routine before i got to bed have a shower ,brush teeth etc.

3 Likes

I don’t have any research to link to off of the top of my head, but I argue definitely!

Most sleep experts recommend 30mins - 1hr of “wind-down” time, where you effectively signal your body that it’s time to sleep. This could be a warm (not hot) bath as I recall one of our Pioneers mentioned somewhere, a cup of sleepy time tea, some light reading, or just simply taking extra time with your bedtime routine - brushing your teeth, washing your face, etc, and maybe avoiding the blue light of your phone.

It’s by no means a fix-it-all, but it could make a big difference for some :slight_smile:

2 Likes