Covid and insomnia

I’ve just recovered from covid and boy did it kick my ass! Did anyone else experience extreme insomnia whilst sick? I was only getting 2-3 hours sleep in a 24 hour period, no naps, absolutely exhausted, but completely unable to sleep. When I did finally get to sleep it was super light and unsatisfying and I couldn’t stay asleep for more than a few hours, it’s actually how I came across sofi as I was desperately googling how to sleep! I’m finally sleeping again (yay!) but I’ve never been more exhausted in my life! Fingers crossed it all passes soon!

5 Likes

Hi Freya welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear you had COVID, I recently had COVID myself too I was quite bad with it but I found myself sleeping alot, You’re in a safe place for us restless folks and it’s great you found your way here :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Welcome to our treehouse @freya.coxx … it’s such a weird virus cause I had it twice and I behaved very differently … first time it knocked me out (not exactly the best sleep solution but sometimes you gotta look at the lining … might be tin)! The second time it was very different… how are you feeling now? So grateful to have you here with us and adding @alexwalkerjones in case you need any support with anything. Happy Sunday. :pray:

2 Likes

I have Covid at the moment and I am much more weary and sleeping more. This is even though I don’t feel poorly with the virus. We are all different

4 Likes

Shame Freya! Hopefully u geel better soon🤞

5 Likes

Thank you. It is just frustrating to have it as the weather is so lovely.

4 Likes

Thank you! :heart:
Getting there now, still so exhausted but not as bad as last week!

4 Likes

I’m so pleased @freya.coxx! I found going out for walks in Hampstead Heath never where I live was the best way to get myself back up and get going … looks like you have every reason to be dragged to every park xx :pray:

3 Likes

And the weather is perfect for it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Aaron it certainly is the right place to be! I’ve just finished day 11 of my journal, I can’t wait to receive my stick :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@freya.coxx - so sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, hope you are now on the mend and sending you bright blessings! I had covid 2 weeks ago and was a lot like Kaveh. Just knocked me out and i was so tired :tired_face: everytime i sat up i felt dizzy and had to lie down again. Lasted about 5 days like that, had a really bad continuous headache too. Feeling much better now, but have a bad cough. I didn’t even have a cough with the covid! But a doctor i was speaking to said it can linger for weeks afterwards.

5 Likes

Bright blessings to you all who have suffered or are still suffering from covid. I really hope you all feel much better soon.

5 Likes