Covid = even less sleep 😴

Struck down with covid for the 2nd time :face_with_thermometer::mask: equals to having even less sleep. Really cant wait to receive my sofi stick and prey it will help with my sleep. Any tips in the mean time would be really appreciated :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Wahey welcome to the multiple COVID club , seriously though hope you’re okay and get better soon!

3 Likes

Have you tried a sleep tea or something even if it helps you get a little bit of shut eye it’s better than nothing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes i have numerous teas and bothing seems to help😞

4 Likes

That’s a shame I wonder if the amazing @pamelaspence has any ideas what could help you in the meantime :heart:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this @kburley00 … sadly I did also have covid twice even though I am fully vaccinated! Hopefully you will recover fast and won’t have too much hangover from it in terms of taste or long covid … :crossed_fingers:only thing I can offer as mild amusement is that I tested positive both times on Dec 31st … so both in 2021 and 2022 I brought in the new year very positively indeed! :pray:

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon :grinning:

3 Likes

Weirdly I got COVID for the first time after returning from Portugal a fortnight ago and once it left me I have been sleeping a LOT since. I’ve been absolutely exhausted. Which is weird for me as I spend so much time in sleep deprivation mode.

Can you access the antihistamines, diphenhydramine,(nytol, panadol night, unisom) or Doxylamine succinate (also under the brand name unisom in the US but I got mine in Portugal called Dormidina and brought three boxes home and wish I’d gotten more because they actually got me to sleep and helped me stay asleep . I cant get them here because the Irish health system SUCKS, but they’re not designed for long term use anyway-- but they might help you get back into a sleep cycle? Melatonin is another good option.

4 Likes

Same here!
I’ve always been terrible at getting to sleep, it takes hours but once I finally got to sleep nothing could wake me, not ideal when I’m on an early shift in the morning!
When I had covid in May I felt awful and couldn’t sleep more than 2 hours in a 24 hour period & those 2 hours were the lightest, most unsatisfying sleep hours I’ve ever experienced! (thats actually how I found sofi, In my desparate googling on how I could get some bloody sleep!)
It has improved a bit since, but I still take hours to get to sleep and I’m sleeping so lightly that the smallest sound wakes me up and keeps me awake :weary: I spend most nights sleeping on the sofa now as the sound of my partner breathing wakes me up! I’ve found melatonin tablets help a little but can’t wait to get my sofi stick and see if it can help!

3 Likes

Just a little update on this…
I’m FINALLY sleeping again!!
Weirdly I’ve always been one to sleep well when something traumatic is happening in my life (the best period of sleep I’ve ever had was in my dad’s final days when he was really poorly! I think my brain just can’t deal with it so switches off)
Last week my little doggy went off his back legs and had to have emergency spinal surgery, so my weird worried brain has decided it can sleep now? Luckily my boy is doing well, hopefully the good sleep will remain and he will recover quickly!
Hope your sleep has recovered post covid!!

3 Likes

It’s so good to hear your four legged companion is on the mend! Hopefully we can begin to see if the plant world can extend areas and moments of restful nights beyond the tragic overwhelm but more on a basis of regular sleep! xx :pray:

2 Likes