FAQs: on team

Welcome to our frequently asked questions doc on all things sofi team (hello! :wave:)

Use the links below to navigate, and let us know if there are any questions not yet answered below that you think we should add! To view the full list of related FAQ topics, click here.

on sofi team

1. where is sofi based?

2. how did it all start?

3. who are the experts behind sofi?

4. how can I get in touch?

5. how can I apply to work with sofi / join the team?

1. where is sofi based?

sofi was born and is based in the United Kingdom, but our team is spread out all over the world! The registered company address for sofi health ltd is: 201 Haverstock Hill, second floor C/O Fkgb, London, NW3 4QG.

For more information on which countries we ship to globally, please click here.

2. how did it all start?

(Here, it’s only right for this answer to include a personal note from the founder):

My name is Kaveh Memari, and I’m a passionate inventor, father of two, plant enthusiast, and founder. Perhaps most importantly, I have loved ones who have struggled with anxiety and sleeplessness throughout their lives.

So, having personally benefited, and at times rejected, various pharmaceutical products with varying degrees of success, side effects, and dependency, it became desperately clear to me why we as a society are increasingly looking at more natural ways to improve our quality of life.

In light of this, sofi was created.

Our mission from the start has been simple: to reconnect people and plants, helping us to unlock the power of natural formulations and to feel better in our busy day-to-day lives.

Before sofi, anyone trying to incorporate plant remedies may find themselves inundated with a large choice of different products — all marketed to supposedly do the same thing: improve their health and enhance their well-being.

When it came to understanding the scientific mechanisms within the human body and brain that are being targeted by these products, however, we found the information on google highly fragmented.

There is no gold standard for great brands, nor any form factor people know they can rely on and trust. Differentiation between brands and what they offer is, at best, based on packaging and lifestyle positioning, alone. Importantly, we observed how complicated and unapproachable it was for individuals to discover which plants are best to achieve their target states or provide support for chronic conditions.

So, by focusing our discovery efforts on which specific plant compounds do, and do not, work for any given individual, sofi provides our pioneering community with the ability to benefit from our 100% unique and individual results in real time.

Rather than saying lavender helps some people sleep some of the time, for the first time we can know exactly whom, how much, and when.

We firmly believe that you shouldn’t have to be a botanist to get the most out of plants!

1 Like

3. who are the experts behind sofi?

sofi is built from a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, and digital and physical product makers, with a history of multiple start-ups in consumer technology, data, life sciences, and biochemistry. We are not a big company by any means, but the goals and values that rest at the core of all of our hard work certainly are!

Supported by an advisory board of botanists, doctors, chemists, no two sofi team members’ backgrounds are the same. As a team, we hail from all over the world, bringing with us our personal array of experiences and expertise - not to mention 11 phDs! - to our work at sofi.

As a team we are united by a determination to discover what more plants and plant-based formulations can offer us, and we can’t wait to share our progress so far!

1 Like

4. how can I get in touch?

You can contact the team anytime by tapping the sofi moon in the top left corner of your sofi app, or by emailing us at: hello@sofi.health.

Various team members are also available for topic-specific emails or DMs, and you can tag them in the treehouse anytime by typing “@” followed by their username.

5. how can I apply to work with sofi / join the team?

Feel like a collaboration or opportunity to work with us would be a good match?

While we aren’t currently hiring for a particular role, please feel free to reach out to us anytime with your thoughts and/or a CV, by emailing: bee@sofi.health. We would love to keep you in mind and explore collaborative opportunities moving forward.