Good morning

Hello how is everyone doing today and what plans do you have? I’m planting 60 bamboo seeds for the garden which hopefully can be planted out next year. Much better than building a fence at the bottom of the garden. Bamboo is a pure nature fence (got to keep it under control though, grows quickly).

4 Likes

Wow! That sounds beautiful @cbryce54 - and especially if they are fast growing. You will have to share a picture of their progress in the coming months! :panda_face: :bamboo: :white_heart:

After a massive vegetable garden fail over the summer, I have resorted to tending to my indoor plants, and letting the garden go a little more wild :blush: good for the butterflies and bees, after all!

3 Likes

Will do. I live near Benmore Botanic Gardens near Dunoon in Argyll shire and got the idea from there. Their arborists re-use the wood and branches from trees that have been pruned or felled to make fencing around the gardens to keep its natural aesthetic look😁

I also have a greenhouse full of green tomatoes and Brussel sprouts going nowhere so can sympathise with you. This seems to be the case this year talking to others folk who like gardening.

3 Likes

That’s good to know that I was not alone! :sweat_smile: and I will have to look up the Botanic Gardens, as it sounds like a fabulous and sustainable solution!

3 Likes

Hi @cbryce54 ,

What a lovely idea!

I will be honest, I am a little jealous of your potential bamboo fence, so please send photos once you have them! :pray: :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Yes I will. Just little seeds just now but hopefully see the shoots coming through soon :blush:

3 Likes