What’s everyone doing over the weekend?

Anyone got any awesome plans this weekend? We’ve got a cold bug going around our household so I think it’s gonna be a lots of naps and lots of lemsip kinda weekend :sob:

9 Likes

Welcome to the community!! Hope you enjoy your time here at sofi :herb:.

And nope not really any fun plans apart from studying for my second year exams :sob:.

5 Likes

Oh no sorry your not feeling great @Zenra90 and hope you have a speedy recovery, this weekend i have to go to our allotment to plant seeds and check on the potatoes and carrots :carrot: :potato: :cucumber: :tomato: i have a lovely area of wildflowers for the bees and butterflys i love watching them go around collecting the pollen it is very relaxing :blush: x

7 Likes

Sorry ur not feeling well hope ur better soon. I’m trying t get myself motivated t sort and clean my bedroom feel so tired had t b up early . But there’s always another day LOL :laughing: xx

6 Likes

My plans were reorganised by the ongoing train strikes @Zenra90 … so perhaps the gremlins have something else in mind for me this weekend … welcome to this amazing community snd hope we can make some amazing discoveries together :pray:

5 Likes

Oh no, make sure you make some time for yourself to rest while studying! And good luck with your exams, you’ll have to let us know how you get on :blush:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a sign to spend some time locally or just at home? Not sure what the weather will be like but I’m sure the gremlins have some other plans for you :rofl:

4 Likes

There is always tomorrow lovely :blush:

4 Likes

Sounds dreamy! I had just started to get my seedlings out and ready for them to start bracing the outside and then got flattened with this bug! Hopefully I’ll be back at it in couple of days x

5 Likes

Fingers x’ed @Reece … what’s the subject matter? :man_teacher:

1 Like

I’m currently studying towards a MBBS degree in first year :sweat_smile:, it is admittedly quite tough but I’m enjoying it.

4 Likes

Good for you! That’s quite a long course isn’t it?

My weekend, like Angela’s will be up the allotment battling with encroaching couch grass and pesky weeds! I am way behind this year because i also spend a lot of time at a charity Community Garden where they have put me in charge of the Herb bed and that is more fun than lone working my allotment!
The herb bed is coming on well. This time last year there were only 4 herbs in the bed; 40 now although that includes varieties too.

But hopefully tomorrow in my allotment i have found someone to help me repair my shed roof, most of it blown off in the gales and everything inside is wet and getting rusty. It’s very exposed at my plot, my polytunnel only lasted 5 months after it was ripped apart in the gales so Im giving up on those!

5 Likes

Nice quiet time feet up and some RnR. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

4 Likes

Yep it’s a 5 year course, well worth at the end to be able to help people :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

Very true or the next day xx

2 Likes

I’m doing a spot of Kintsugi!

The Japanese art of golden repair. Rather than masking the flaws of a damaged item Kintsugi embraces imperfections and treats breakage as part of the item’s history.

Which is a lovely sentiment but my gosh does that adhesive stink! Very nauseating, so I have to do it step by step and go to a different room after glueing each piece :joy:

4 Likes

I managed to stumbled into the Affordable Art Fair at Hampstead Heath @vincent … not sure what your taste is … but some definitely beautiful creations …

2 Likes

Oooh I love the Affordable Art Fair. Havent been for many years but the last one i went to was in Bristol and i did not leave empty handed!

Thanks for showing a few of the pics. The hut is in better shape than my allotment shed :grin: and lovely colours. I’m intrigued by the black and white one - can’t make it out very well on my phone but is it a temple in the jungle? Do you know if its real (there have been lots of temples rediscovered in central and South America), or is it a fantasy?

Sounds like you had a lovely and interesting day :smiley:

3 Likes