Sofi surprise arrived today!

So pleased to see my beautiful sofi surprise arrive today!! Pictures next to my 5 year old orchid on a very wet and windy north dorset day!

8 Likes

Fabulous @p_hillis - so glad it’s come through :smiley:

5 Likes

Ahh, so happy to have you here @p_hillis! And such a gorgeous photo too! Your S1 Pioneer Box is officially reserved and you’ll receive a confirmation email within the day :slight_smile: :blossom:

5 Likes

Welcome to the treehouse.
That is a gorgeous plant! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

hello @p_hillis
There have been many photos of great plants… but THAT ORCHID… WOW. Absolutely stunning!!

5 Likes

Right @laurent.rossier ?!

My orchid is beside me looking very un-alive in comparison :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@alexwalkerjones
Must have photo evidence please… am sure we can share some love with your Orchid via remote means.
waiting…

3 Likes

Haha! I suppose it’s only fair to pay the plant tax. Mention a plant and everyone gets to see :blush:

Here’s my flowerless orchid (I think she’s just resting), next to my favourite armadillo candle that all my house guests seem to hate and threaten to one day burn down :rofl: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @alexwalkerjones
It seems to have strong and green leaves… Let’s call that a good start.
Not sure if there are any plant experts here.
What helped with one of our earlier Orchids:
. Water sparsely
. Place close to a window, with plenty of indirect sunlight (having it close to a window usually means that temperature at night is somewhat lower, which can help an Orchid)

But now it is really up to the experts to give advise here.
All I can do: send heaps of Orchid-Energy across the Seas and Lands…

3 Likes

Ah interesting @laurent.rossier, that’s actually a huge help! For whatever reason I would have assumed they leaned more tropical, but indeed, it’s much closer to the radiator/heater than the window so maybe moving it would help :slight_smile: Trying this and will report back!

3 Likes

We have found to be the best with ours to cut the stems back after all the flowers have died away, as this will promote new growth. Also we alternate them all for a few month window of being in the bathroom on the windowsil. The moisture in the room seems to help them along a good amount!!

4 Likes

Day 21 of journalling but no sign of my Sofi surprise yet … do you think it might have become lost? I did receive a message that it was on it’s way but that was 10 days ago.

2 Likes

Hi @dcm.leeds,

I can confirm it’s on it’s way! The email is automated and while we do our best to get the pebbles out asap, the wave actually went out towards the end of last week - so fingers crossed it’s still making the journey and not yet forever lost!

Of course, if it doesn’t make it to you this week - we’ll happily send out another :blush: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. I will keep my fingers crossed that it arrives soon. Sorry to be impatient but it is so exciting that I am eager to join everyone else who is benefiting from the next steps.

3 Likes

Makes all the sense to me and we’re thrilled to have you onboard! Just wanted to ease your mind! :slight_smile:

2 Likes