How to get good sleep?

Concerns about work, school, health, finances or family can keep your mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep . Stressful life events or trauma — such as the death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or a job loss — also may lead to insomnia.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Jainish. Sleep is indeed very complex and we are here all working towards a better outcome by unlocking the potential risk of plants and mapping individual responses to them. :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks

Is 5hours sleep is enough for a day

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no simple yes/no answer to this, as sleep needs are highly individual, and can change depending on different circumstances.

We do know that as we age, the number of hours we begin to achieve each night, as well was what we require seems to decrease to around 5-7hrs, whereas teenagers, children, and young adults, most often do better achieving between 8-10 per night.

7 hours seems to generally be a good place to aim, but for those that struggle with regular sleeplessness or difficulty staying asleep - 7 whole hours may sound like a dream!!

We have an article that delves into some of the science behind this on the sofi blog if you’re interested, so I’ll leave that here: how much sleep do we actually need?

No matter how much sleep you are getting, you are certainly in the right place - as our community knows the struggle well :pray: :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

Thanks alex it really help me I understand how to get good sleep

1 Like