International Cat day! Share your pet:)

Hey there!

Today is International Cat day!

I have noticed there are a lot of animal lovers in this beautiful community who share pictures of their pets from time to time. There is no designated space for such a purpose in the treehouse and today’s holiday seems like the best occasion to finally create one!

Please share photos of your pets here, we would love to see each and every one! Definitely not limited to just cats:)

I will start with sharing a photo of my first ever cat. To answer any questions about the trim in advance, I used to be a fan of Game of Thrones (that’s why dragon-shaped trim)! And she was not mad, she was just yawning :joy:

Can’t wait to see everyone’s photos!

6 Likes

My 2 babies, TeeTee is the multicoloured one, and the black one is Miss Tee, TeeTee was a stray kitten I found, along with her mum and brothers and sisters, at the side of our hotel pool, we couldn’t catch mum, but got the rest, took them to the vets, and they all found homes, I fell for TeeTee and she came back 6 weeks after I did. She’s the 2nd Spanish rescue cat we’ve had, Miss Tee is a wee cat I got to keep TeeTee company when i go out, she used to get awful separation anxiety if I went out, not now though.

5 Likes

My 2 cats pixie (grey nd white ) and bella (black and white).

They are sister by birth and ive had them since about 8 weeks old and they are now 7, they are cheeky, mysterious and loving :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Both TeeTee and Miss Tee look veeery comfortable, looks like they were lucky to find a great home :hugs:

4 Likes

What cuties! Do they have similar personalities?

3 Likes

I’m the lucky one, they’ve brought a lot of comfort in the last year, mopped up my tears, and the unconditional love they give always brings a smile to my face, they’re my babies

4 Likes

Yes they do but they also have their own characteristics.

3 Likes

They sure do, Miss Tee thinks shes a lion, she’s very brave, TeeTee is very laid back, together they chase around and play rough, I got Miss as TeeTee likes to play rough, and my other half’s cat will start to play, then she will suddenly turn nasty, poor TeeTee didnt understand, so I got Miss, she fit into the palm of my hand when I got her, and TeeTee mothered her, and taought how she likes to play, my other half lives in the flat below mine, its like a house, but 2 flats, hes my ex husband, but current partner, can’t live together, but can’t live without each other, when I left TeeTee alone she howled, and it broke my heart, so Miss was the perfect solution, and she was a kitten from a stray cat. Theyre the best of friends and thunder round the place, its a joy to see, but they instinctively know if I’m not feeling too good, which has been a lot in the last year or so, and come for cuddles, especially TeeTee, her long fur dries tears very well!! I don’t have kids, I have enough nieces and nephews, and even great nieces, that makes me feel old!! So my cats are my babies, and are spoiled rotten.

3 Likes

Miss Tee when she was 9 weeks old, she’s in the palm of my hand, whes wtill a small cat, she’s 2 and a half now, and she has a leaky heart valve, but she’s a cutie, skinny, vet says shes a “lean” cat and I don’t have to worry, shes only 2kg, TeeTee is 4.5 kilos. They’re both worth their weight in gold to me.

5 Likes

Ginger cats seem to have a reputation of being extra playful (aka unhinged), so no surprises there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you have any crazy stories involving ‘little miss innocent’ for us?

3 Likes

Do you know that sofi has a Chief Morale Officer … his name is Feo! :pray: he is quite apathetic about his role but genuinely deep down we suspect … probably still apathetic :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

5 Likes

I don’t have a cat, although sometimes i look after someone else’s 2 cats, but i have to share the following cos it is sooo cute.

A woman found a tiny abandoned and very frightened kitten so she took it home. Within 10 minutes of her putting it on her cat bed, her own cat got on the bed with the kitten and gave it this cuddle. Awwww :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

6 Likes

My 2 amazing girls cuddling and then one of my beautiful boy, who we lost last year at age 14, miss him like crazy :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@drmudlark they are absolutely adorable! It is so heartwarming to know that a little lost soul found a home :pray: :sofi_moon: :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Two calico girls - what a beauty!

And so sorry to hear about your loss :pray:

My grandma used to have a big brown cat and she loved him so much that after he passed away she cannot even feed another cat up to this day. Animals are the purest of us after all, aren’t they?

3 Likes

Hi @Marina , it made me tear up a bit, I’m such a softee, especially about animals.
Films about dogs often make my eyes leak. I remember when i was a teenager and my 1st boyfriend was invited to tea. My parents had a Lassie film on and i was biting my lip and trying to think of happy things but to no avail. Sob! Excrutiating! :sweat_smile: :blush:

4 Likes

I can only relate to that, movies involving animals as one of the main characters is a big no no for the sake of mental health :sweat_smile: :pray:

4 Likes

Perhaps, although i find a good private blub (i live alone so no audience!) quite cathartic because nothing much else does it!
Two doggy films i have seen in recent years come to mind that get me sniffling… A Dog’s Purpose, and Hatchi :cry:

5 Likes

Apologies to Wussits, i know this thread is about you!

3 Likes

5 Likes