Lucid dreaming and sleep

Hola!

I’ve been doing some reading on lucid dreaming, any real person want to expand on it because I’ve read hibly jibly that makes no sense

Tia

2 Likes

Hi
I dream lucid sometimes, it’s when your dream is like reality and you sort of control the dream just seems like it’s so real and happening I think it’s between sleep and awake state
Hope it helps

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining! It helped

3 Likes

That’s what I often experienced as a kid… so vivid and totally like reality.
Especially when I imagined to fly and fall.
I would wake up in the morning and be absolutely convinced that I experienced these things…

2 Likes

Does this get less with age? I used to dream a lot and also have Lucia dreams as a kid but not so much recently … maybe too tired to dream!

2 Likes

I don’t remember dreams like I used to when I was young that’s for sure my lucid dreams when I was young I think we’re an escape from reality I think we are too tired to remember dreams most of the time now

2 Likes

Totally agree … sometimes I think I’m too exhausted to dream when I sleep … well, here’s to dreaming when we’re awake Chris!! Have an awesome weekend. KM

2 Likes

Lucid dreaming happens when you are consciously aware in a dream during REM sleep in which you’d normally otherwise be in an “involuntary” dream state, unconscious and unable to maintain any awareness. For example, you are having a dream and within that dream you become aware that you are dreaming and able to control the narrative… I’ve done this but only in rare occasions and it looks something like this… I’m in a dream where I find myself walking in a snowy forest and I’m feeling lost, cold and scared - hopeless to find shelter; but all of a sudden, I realize that it’s not hopeless because “this is a dream and I can do anything in a dream!” so I intentionally change the narrative to jump above the trees and can fly… I am aware that now I’m flying and I feel amazed at how this feels - I look below and see in great detail how the snowy forest looks from above… I navigate laughing feeling what it’s like to be a bird enjoying the fresh-air wind on my skin and because I’m aware that I can control what happens next, I choose to soar to a sunny, warm location where I can land ever so gently to feel my toes in the warm sand and meet with my late husband to give him a hug and tell him I miss him… because I can, in THIS dream… but I know this is a dream and that I’ll be awake soon, so I hold him tightly and tell him how much I love and miss him before I say goodbye because I know he’s no longer physically with me… hoping I can make this conscious dreaming happen again. This is just an example of [beginner’s] lucid dream - there are actually people for whom this comes naturally and it’s a nightly occurrence and they claim to be able to “meet” others who also lucid dream…. there are research accounts of same dreams in which they meet up in common locations but I’m unable to do this. It’s fascinating though and I wish I could do it all the time but even when I set an intention to do this before sleep it only happens at random times that are few and far between. :woman_shrugging:t2: I used to have night terrors as a kid and when I have nightmares now, I’m sometimes able to pull myself out by remembering I’m dreaming so perhaps it is a learned skill that can be honed or maybe it’s a defense mechanism we can acquire as we heal from trauma… I’m not sure. Here’s a video I found that you may want to watch :slightly_smiling_face: Lucid Dreams

4 Likes

@kaneary I’m speechless … nothing I write here will be meaningful I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. I love that you are here :pray: wishing you the best dreams tonight. Xo

4 Likes