Nightmares causing much anxiety and stress

Hi there all and bright blessings! I’ve been having vivid dreams for years now- the kind where it’s like your actually there… i find it so hard in the morning sometimes to let go of my nightmares and will go through them in my head during the day to try and change the outcome for myself. This just compounds my stress and anxiety! At times i have felt sensations during these nightmares and vivid dreams like smells, temperature changes or even pain. Sometimes i try and find things i have bought- only to realise i dreamt buying them! Hoping that the valerian pods will help but does anyone have any experience of this or any suggestions to ease them? Thank-you.

5 Likes

Evening @Quinine as I was reading this I was thinking this is one to bring in our lovely @pamelaspence in on … as she would have seen perhaps this in some folks she helps with. Are you finding these dreams more or less vivid since connecting with valerian assuming you are in the S1 Program? :pray:

5 Likes

Hello @Quinine and bright blessings to you too! Thanks for sharing here. I have indeed come across this before in patients. Sometimes we find that once they start taking calming herbs it is enough to reduce the vividness of the lucid dreams they are having. So I’m hoping that once you start regularly using your sofi stick, you will begin to notice a difference.

If that doesn’t work there is a little known herb that has never failed me yet. It’s name is Stachys betonica and in the old monk’s herbals they spoke of using it for ‘dark thoughts in the night’. It has never fsiled me yet for anything from vivid dreams to full on night terrors.

Thr trouble is finding a reliable source - are you in the UK? In which case I highly recommend Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury who have a great online store and sell only high quality (and properly identified herbs) in small quantities to the public.

Hope that helps! :pray: :herb:

5 Likes

Thank you @Kaveh! I am not on the S1 programme just yet, but i am excited to start! I have completed 6 petels i think of my journal. Most days i wake up still tired and anxious about the coming day. I can’t wait to try the valerian and see if it helps.

4 Likes

Greetings @pamelaspence! I am in the UK and have been looking to source various herbs to make teas and infused oils. I will definitely check out the Glastonbury shop for the herb you advise. Many thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Well hopefully we get your baseline complete and address validated with a sofi surprise so we can reserve you one of the S2 boxes. It’s awesome to have you here with us @Quinine and adding @alexwalkerjones to make sure we follow your progress! :pray:

5 Likes

Welcome! I would make sure you work with the sofi stick as a priority becasue it is much stronger than other herbal extracts. Give it 10 days and if the dreams haven’t dialled down, Stachys as a tea in the day would be my next step.

Let me know how you go!

:blush::herb:

5 Likes

Very happy to be here! May i ask is the S2 sofi stick a different variation of valerian or will it be a different plant? I’m sorry I’ve read through some posts but not really sure of the answer :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@pamelaspence i definitely will! Thrilled to be on this journey with a wonderful community of people :heart:

5 Likes

We are moving to our second medicinal plants - passiflora! It has a huge tradition in helping with sleep. :pray:

5 Likes

Oh wow! I can’t wait to try Passion Flower! Fingers crossed i can be in time for the Sofi S2. :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you soo much for sharing your thoughts with us.
I never wake up refreshed… From when i wake up till i goto bed again im always drained no energy anxious no motivation Just no get up and go at all my get up and go has got up and left on me :cry::pleading_face:
Im currently on day 14 and i can not wait to receive my Sofi stick​:heart::blue_heart::revolving_hearts::blue_heart::heart:

4 Likes