Passiflora side effects

Hi all, has anyone found taking passiflora before bed makes them feel wired and more awake? Im also getting headaches which come on after about 20 mins of taking? I used valarian drops few months ago that caused headaches too, maybe im too sensitive! I always tend to react opp to whats supposed to happen :weary:

3 Likes

Hello @lyndsayhuish

So sorry for the delay in replying. I’m also sorry that you have experienced a headache when taking the Passiflora. I have not come across this before with Passiflora but we are using a high strength product and, as is our mantra here, everyone is different so it may not suit you. There are also other ingredients in the spray (herbal sweetener and natural flavourings) that could be the culprit.

Can I suggest starting with just one spray and seeing whether that causes the headache? If you were ok with one spray then you could slowly increase to two and so on, until you find your tolerance level?

Let us know how you get on. Some people are just very sensitive to any medicines, others even get opposite reactions sometimes (that happened to me a lot in herb school which wasn’t a whole lot of fun!). If Passiflora is not for you then we have plenty of other herbs lining up for you to try.

Take care,
Pamela :slight_smile: :herb:

6 Likes

That is so me! Cbd oil kept me awake all night!! Taking passiflora before bed wires me, so im going to try one spray in morning and one mid afternoon? Im super sensitive to most herbs/medications etc! I wonder why that is, so annoying when all you want to do is help yourself :sob: thank you for replying xxx

4 Likes

I know, it’s really frustrating when your body refuses to go with the plan!
Yes I would try one in the morning and one mid-afternoon and first of all see whether the headache recurs. If it doesn’t then see what effect that might have on your sleep. The Passiflora is (normally!) calming and sometimes by having it earlier in the day it can still allow sleep to come more easily that night. But it can take a while to notice the difference.

It’s a bit like sidling up to a horse when you have a body that reacts that way! Or coaxing a wild animal. We need to be a bit subtle!

Hope that helps - let us know what happens next :slight_smile: :herb:

2 Likes

Love those analogies :pray: thank you :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome - glad they were helpful! :pray: :herb:

2 Likes

I haven’t got mine yet but nytol makes me feel wired and coffee makes me sleepy :sweat_smile: fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

That’s brilliant @freya.coxx … does alcohol increase your focus? Haha! If only! :pray:

2 Likes

@Kaveh I wish! :joy: Only my adhd meds have that power! Although I have been reading about passifloras benefits on adhd, can’t wait to try it! x

2 Likes

Fingers x’ed we will have it to you soon @freya.coxx … thank you so much for being so amazingly patient … also as soon as we have the sofi stick with you we can then circle through additional formulations you may nit have tested yet … so hope you’re ready! xx :pray:

1 Like

Ps. Just adding @alexwalkerjones so we can track the progress of your package.

2 Likes

So ready! Thank you :relaxed::relaxed: x

2 Likes

I agree. 'm not having headaches but it does seem to make me wired! I was beginning to have better night’s due to the cooler weather. My sleep was increasing gradually, but since starting passiflora my sleep is worse?! I’m so upset, as I was mega excited to start on the pods. Hopefully it will get better :crossed_fingers:xx

1 Like