Welcoming our first Fragrance Pioneers!

Last summer we shared with you our ambitions to expand our Pioneer Programs to include functional wellness fragrances - and to begin research into the incredible, untapped potential of plants to improve how we feel, using scent alone.

We are thrilled to be partnering with the world’s largest fragrance house and research facilities in order to develop and activate a range of wellness fragrances designed to target a specific set of emotions to help us function better throughout the day.

We will shortly be welcoming over 300 new Pioneers to our community. They have been selected by our fragrance house and are here to kickstart our functional fragrance program at sofi.

And we begin this journey by targeting better FOCUS.

Why Focus?

Research shows that an inability to focus regularly may be a main cause of stress for people, with individuals experiencing difficulty to concentrate across all age-groups. Difficulties focusing are often accompanied by feelings of being unable to finish tasks at hand, resulting in an increase in anxiety throughout the day and sleepless nights.

With sofi’s new focus range we are testing, for the first time on the sofi platform, to generate real-world evidence of the ability of our plant-based fragrances to improve focus through the power of aroma.

Our goal is simple. What if just like taking three sprays of valerian or ashwagandha each evening to improve our sleep, we could provide a fragrance tailored to every mood throughout the day?

While our sofi plant pod formulations for sleep and calm can provide noticeable benefits within 10+ days, they are there to do long-term work, offering adrenal support and gently promoting a return to homeostasis when consumed regularly.

Thus, the expansion to test and validate beyond ingestible plants is a huge step forward for our sofi. And when sofi is finally available to all, she will provide the opportunity for dual relief and mood modulation, all using validated and effective natural and botanical plants and extracts.

To read more about the application of fragrances in areas of human health, click the link below to head to our blog: on the role of functional fragrances and how we feel

Wellness fragrances will also be made available to our current Pioneers and we plan to activate them in between plant studies. This new capability is an exciting development for us at sofi and will allow us to validate and play a vital role in furthering the frontier and promise of fragrances in impacting how we feel.

For now, a huge welcome to our fragrance Pioneers who will be joining us in the treehouse very soon! We are so excited to have you here!

xx

22 Likes

This is an exciting moment for sofi and her promise to help us be our best in harnessing the full potential of plants. Extremely grateful of the work that the team have done across digital and operations to get us to this stage and of course our amazing partner who is brave enough to push the boundary of an art form that they have mastered for over 128 years. We are doing pioneering work together, as a team and community. And as soon as we can validate with real-world evidence the power of these fragrances to help us focus and be more calm we look forward to activating the technology with our incredible community here.

For now we welcome our new Pioneers and can’t wait to see what discoveries lie ahead! In the meantime, wishing you a wonderful and restful Sunday. :pray:

12 Likes

Ive always enjoyed using aromatherapy and i have favourite fragrances i gravitate towards based upon my mood. Im really interested to learn more about this trail trial (pun intented)

7 Likes

This will be a wonderful addition to Sofi’s repertoire. Fragrance has a definitive impact on our stress levels. It will be interesting to see which fragrances will be chosen.

6 Likes

This sounds really exciting, I am interested in aromatherapy. Can we sign up to trial the fragrances or will we automatically get them as existing pioneers? @alexwalkerjones

5 Likes

Hi @sammy,

As mentioned in Kaveh’s post, a total of 300 people from the entire Pioneer base will be chosen to participate.

So there’s no guarantee you’ll be selected I’m afraid. You’ll just have to keep your fingers :crossed_fingers: :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks @vincent I will keep my fingers crossed x

6 Likes

This is so exciting! I have my toes and my fingers firmly crossed that I’ll be included in this pilot!

6 Likes

Super excited to see how this unfolds.

5 Likes

These sound amazing. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Delighted to have you here with us on this incredible journey with plants @missnix007 … what you’ll find here is an amazing community of folks who have been helping us develop sofi together to her full potential … but just as importantly have provided each other with amazing empathy and care as each of us goes on these personal discoveries … can’t wait to see what we discover together :pray:

5 Likes

Excellent step forward. I definitely know that lavender has a positive impact for me. Will look forward to finding out which fragrances are being researched

6 Likes

I will keep my fingers crossed, and everything else too, that im included, as its a lottery, i am distracted so much lately, so focus may be just what i need, i use lavender oil to help me to relax, in my baths, on my pillows, so this sounds like it may help. Whoever the chosen ones are I’m sure it will help them. :pray:

5 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart:

4 Likes

Today I took my first spray of focus on our sofi … we are definitely going to look at a way to give access to this technology to our existing pioneers cause it is amazing … it’s mood modulating but at the speed of scent! So @dcm.leeds, @MissTQ and @kaneary (and we may see if we can sneak a wave of these after we cycle through our valerian and passiflora on the S3 sofi platform) … will keep you posted … very summary focus 01! :pray:

13 Likes

I can’t begin to express how excited I am to try this!! I am astonished at how well ashwaganda has been working for me - I have been going through some serious trauma losing my beloved Napoleon and I honestly think it is the ashwaganda that has helped to keep me from being so stuck in despair :pray:t3::broken_heart::mending_heart::pray:t3::broken_heart::mending_heart::pray:t3::broken_heart::mending_heart:

6 Likes

Wow. Amazing. Could be a life changer for many of us. Thanks for showing us.

Diana

6 Likes

Sounds amazing @kaveh, I have everything crossed, glad to gear its working

5 Likes

This is super exciting!!
Looking forward to hearing about your journey and progress with this one.

7 Likes

I cannot wait to get started on this sofi journey! Would love to improve my sleep and energy on the daily!

5 Likes