You're Fired! Even though we said we want you all

6 months after the new owners took over my position was eliminated. Now the job hunt begins. Not sure if we’ll stay in Indianapolis or move to Florida.
staff-6779620_640

3 Likes

Hey , sorry to hear your bad news , I’m sure something new and exciting is only an arm’s reach away and will show it self soon to you :slight_smile: hope you’re okay though regardless :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, happens to lots of people at some point. You will no doubt bounce back and prosper. Good luck and good fortune.
:innocent::+1:

4 Likes

Spent the day applying to jobs, mostly positions related to what I’d been doing for the past 16+ years.

3 Likes

Good luck in you job hunt, I’m sure you’ll find one.

4 Likes

Wishing you all the best of luck with the job hunt @BrandNewMe, and I’m with @Aaron, hopefully it’s an amazing blessing in disguise for you that comes to light soon!

3 Likes

We had been talking about moving to Florida one day. So this just speeds up the timeline. I have had one interview and another is scheduled for Friday.

Find job in Florida
Find temporary place to stay
Sell house in Indianapolis
Buy house in Florida
Move our :poop:

5 Likes

So everyone can come on holiday to you’re when you move ? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’ve scoured through hundreds (maybe thousands) of postings and applied to over 80. Had 5 interviews this week. 2 more are already scheduled for next week.

This weekend I’m giving myself a break from searching. Instead I’ll work on my resume to get it into a format that passes through the ATS. I’m working with a staffing agency in Ocala for this. The guy is even sent resources for short term housing.

5 Likes

Best of luck sometimes things happen for a reason to give us a gentle nudge to a better life

4 Likes