Amount of sleep

Hi, I’m loving the new app but missing the 15 minute option on the sleep times. It has only 30 minute options now. I don’t sleep well at all most nights, and feel that 15 minutes is quite a lot to either gain or lose.
Sorry to put a negative in an otherwise very positive new app.
Keep up the great work team. Xx

10 Likes

Exactly. Just written the same comment in another post. Bring back the quarters. They were important to me too.

8 Likes

I agree somewhat, but at least we have the half hours. In the first few days of the new app there were only integer hours.

5 Likes

I’m the exact same but feel like to journal your sleep the app needs to off a more precise selection of time slept. Even if the lowest is 5 minute increments.

6 Likes

As always amazing feedback @adcockp @JamesT @dcm.leeds @drmudlark … adding our lovely @Kirill into here and @enricovarano so we can enable this as soon as we chase out the remain crawling bugs from our new sofi nest! :pray:

7 Likes

sofi brain supports 15 min increments!
(not strongly opposed to more detail than that, but it offers diminishing returns in terms of statistical power in analysing the result and complicates the interface and finger sliding precision required which may prove to be an accessibility issue too)

5 Likes

and in English? @enricovarano :rofl: :blush:

5 Likes

Oh sorry @alexwalkerjones – I’ve been spending too much time with data and not enough with humans! :see_no_evil: Diminishing returns is like adding more pillows. One or two might be great for comfort, but the 10th won’t make you sleep 10 times better. Or like setting multiple alarms. The first one wakes me up, the second one gets me out of bed, but the 10th one doesn’t make me any more awake (unfortunately :sleeping:).

What I mean is that a slider which allows for more granular selection of sleep time is helpful for data quality but that the improvement gets smaller with each extra step of granularity we add. We could potentially allow for more precise time increments, like 5 minutes, but it might not significantly improve the accuracy of our analysis, and it could make the user interface more complicated and harder to use for some people. Definitely appreciate the feedback and agree on the 15-min steps through, which we’ll reintroduce in future update @Kirill ! Thanks, everyone! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Love it @enricovarano - and brilliant analogies :blush: :raised_hands: Thanks for the great explanation

3 Likes

No! @alexwalkerjones, do you mean to say that you are neglecting your finger-sliding precision exercises? :scream:

Simply not good enough young lady! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apologies to @enricovarano, just joking! I think i understand the resolution problem below 15 minute intervals. I wouldn’t be able to estimate my sleep below that anyway. I have a newish smartwatch which i thought might be more accurate than me trying to note my sleep, especially if it is broken but have noticed that if i am lying down awake but listening to the radio or watching something it records that as sleep. Still, it is useful for broken nights as otherwise i would have to write down all the awake periods and reaching for a pen would just wake me up more!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want anyone to lose any sleep over the slider precision skills! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

:rofl: Dont fret @enricovarano, I’m willing to bet my sofi seeds on that never happening! :grin:
Its a great phrase though! Im wondering in what other context I could use it. Perhaps for manual radio tuning although that would be the finger knob precision :grin:

Hmmm, perhaps not! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, I feel the same way. Hopefully this can be changed on the app🤞

4 Likes