Anyone else having trouble pairing?

Getting the message that capsule RFID is not recognized. Anyone else? Super frustrating trying to set this pod up!

4 Likes

HI @AlexandraM,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that your pod is struggling to pair.

When you have a moment, could you attach a screenshot so that we can see what you see? And may I please confirm whether your sofi pod has been charged for at least 60-90 mins?

Look forward to hearing back and hopefully getting you up and running soon!
Alex

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes I’m still having trouble pairing
It’s been about 5 days now

Last night the pod actually paired with my phone but didn’t record any sprays?

Not sure what to try next?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @rich - and thank you for those images @AlexandraM :pray:

Our dev team is on the mysterious RFID (missing formulation capsule) case and hops to have a resolution by the end of the day, or very soon!

@rich, I’m afraid the the pod behaviour you’re seeing is particularly odd, assuming the pod still has charge, and that the RFID issue being resolved doesn’t solve things for you for good. It may be that we need to arrange for a collection so that we can take a closer look at what might be on going in-person, which would be done by one of our expert engineers.

Thank you for bearing with us while we troubleshoot, in any case!

1 Like

Sorry Alex they weren’t my images…oops
I was just checking out this thread to see if I could see what I was doing wrong

2 Likes

No worries @rich, I was tagging @AlexandraM too. I’m not certain it’s exactly the same issue for both of you, but we are certainly looking into both nonetheless. Really grateful for your patience!

2 Likes

@alexwalkerjones thanks for the update, look forward to having this mystery solved and moving forward with my sprays!

3 Likes

Hi @AlexandraM - we are looking into this further. Could I ask you to try inserting all three formulations capsules and letting me know whether the same error occurs for each?

Many thanks for your troubleshooting help!

1 Like

My pod is also struggling to connect with the app. Have updated to v3.3 and still having problems. Am now having to sign in via Google as opposed to the app as it does not recognize my log in details anymore. (failing to accept email address). These problems with pod recognition have happened regularly over the past few weeks as I have to plug pod into an adapter, disconnect and then pair up.
:innocent::sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

Hi all, finished Ashgawanda capsules a couple of days ago and wondered whats going on with my pod. So, got it connected to the app and then put all 3 capsules in one after the other. It said I still had sprays left in all of them, however the app now seems to stay alive unlike over the past few weeks. This is progress. Lets hope it lasts. The only problem i have now is clearing out 12 non existent Caramel sprays.

2 Likes

Hi @CjaJose - this is great news and thank you for the update. Happy to hear that the pod now seems to be maintaining a more stable charge!

We will shortly be releasing a refill program and so it will be a real test to see if the improvement continues. If it’s ever really giving you grief, please let me know anytime and we’d be happy to arrange a collection / firmware upgrade to help it along for the next phase.

1 Like

Hi @alexwalkerjones , hope you are keeping well. The pod is once again refusing to connect unless I plug it in and then immediately unplug it. Don’t know what is happening as i have reinstalled the app again to the latest version available and it still won’t behave.:innocent::sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Hi @CjaJose - I think it’s best we get your sofi pod repaired, with some updated firmware, as we had amazing success doing this for @Harobed recently and fingers crossed we can help you avoid the need to charge between each and every pair / set of sprays.

If you’re happy, please let me know (private DM is fine) if there is a day/time that would suit your collection, and we can arrange a pick up of your sofi pod. We can wait until you are finished with ashwagandha if you prefer, or proceed right away - just let me know !

Look forward to hearing back, and thanks for being troubleshooting star, persevering despite the difficulties with maintaining a charge. :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Hi Alexandra-- any update on this? Still not able to connect and the pod doesn’t really seem to hold any type of charge. It all around is not working.

2 Likes

Hi there,
Yes I’m still I the same situation
Sleeps a bit up and down but definitely acceptable
I’ve been journaling the results but as I am still not pairing to the pod I feel my data is being wasted…

Cheers
Rich

1 Like

Hi @AlexandraM,

I’m going to contact the US company we are working with for this study and see if we can’t arrange a replacement unit for you, seeing as we are not making progress on the troubleshooting side, and cannot seem to pinpoint what may be the cause.

Please expect to hear directly from them soon, and of course fingers crossed we have better luck with this next one!

Thank you for the update @rich. Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the issue, without resolve. I think our best option may be to arrange for a collection of your device so that we can investigate it in person with one of our engineers. Please let me know your thoughts, and if so, please let me know what time/dates would suit you best next week (feel free to send a private DM).

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Hi @alexwalkerjones, my pod has been a bit naughty lately. Some days it was ok and others not so good. What i did find by accident was that by pressing my thumb on the top whilst not allowing the movable part to compact, the blue light came on and up to now has been coming on when i open the app.
If needs be i will contact you for the firmware upgrade if it goes wrong again. Hope that’s alright with you. Shame we are unable to upgrade the firmware online. Would save time and allow us to possibly help in the development side of things.
Regards Colin

1 Like