Being a care giver and not getting burned out

Its not enough I have chronic daily migraines, trigeminal neuralgia and fibromyalgia which all play an impact on my sleep quality. I’m also the care taker for both my parents.

My dad is a congestive heart failure patient with dementia. And has an extremely volitile temper.

Mom is a stroke survivor, has bladder cancer and is showing signs of alzheimers.

Living with them,taking care of them, dad especially with his temper is not an easy thing to do. It has affected my own health. They reject the idea of getting any type of help whatsoever, ie: having a nurse come in or a paid care giver. Its all on me to do this.

How do you manage taking care of others, yet still have your own quality of life? The anxiety is crazy. My brother is no help at all. Instead he complains that I’m not doing enough. My dad is constantly criticizing everything I do. I don’t cook right, did3put the clean dishes away the second I washed them, this wasn’t done to his standards, etc. And the past year I’ve been watching mom’s health decline drastically.

I’m stressed to the max, having panic attacks, exhausted and losing my mind.

Sorry for the long post. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

2 Likes

Hello @RuthlessAngel1,

So sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time right now. It sounds like there’s not much space for you to take time for yourself at all.

While we can’t help with that, we do hope that sofi might be able to help tone down your feelings of anxiety at least a bit - for some Pioneers it’s been more than that.

Welcome to the community - we hope this is a little ray or respite in your busy days.

:pray::herb:

2 Likes