Struggling bad at the moment

So we’ve just moved my dad to be near us due to his frail health, first his flat wasn’t ready n we had a 9 week wait in a care home for him to be able to move into his care flat. It’s constant work and I am disabled which is making things very hard. My partner is my carer but is also needed to care for my blind, lower leg amputee with neuropathy in his hands so he can’t see or feel things properly so he’s needing so much care and if I’m honest it’s very tiring for me and I’m struggling to sleep due to stress and pain…. Any suggestions to help me to sleep please? Xxx

5 Likes

Are you using Sofi at the moment? If you are or not, you could try meditation and mindfulness. You can also use pure lavender essential oil in a diffuser or ingesting it internally.
If you add it to a little coconut oil, rub it into the soles of your feet. You can also use it undiluted. It has been tried and tested and hopefully will work for you.
Good luck x

6 Likes

Hi @Jaxx - it sounds like you have a lot of responsibility and difficulties weighing on you at the moment, and that can’t be easy when it comes to sleep! We’re big fans of ashwagandha here at sofi, due to its ability as an adaptogen to bolster our bodies response to stress and encourage more restorative sleep many times as a result.

In addition, finding some relaxation process - whether its meditation, journaling, or drinking a cup of tea - where you really try to let your worries wash over you and fade may be helpful to get you in a better state before sleep.

Wishing you and your family nothing but strength x :sofi_moon: :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you, it is very hard especially due to my own ill health. Today my fibromyalgia is flaring really bad and so I’ve been bed bound and not been able to help out which frustrated me. Luckily I had a nearly 2 hour phonecall with dad tonight which cheered him up and me as well. Trying to sleep but can’t so going to put on my meditation app and hopefully that will help me fall asleep :crossed_fingers:t2: xxx

6 Likes

For every challenge we face at least now I feel inspired by just how much you balance @Jaxx … in awe :pray:

5 Likes