By the sea - Calming experience

Rain is torrential right now - am hiding out in my car hoping it will calm down a bit before i make the dash to clinic. The island in the pic i posted is nowhere to be seen. Do not travel advice brought forward to 2pm now.

Hope the sheep are ok! :herb:

10 Likes

It’s not to bad here at the moment. Hope it not going to get worse up your way.

7 Likes

Look at these mountains :blush: Amazing

7 Likes

Yes, that’s true. I’m working on a laptop. I’ll try to do that when the temperatures rise a bit.

6 Likes

It’s beautiful! I hope I’ll visit Hawaii one day :palm_tree:

8 Likes

I love your photos, @josif! Well done for braving the plane and outside again. I love the sea, but I’m super scared of it as I can’t swim. So, I tread in shallow waters like a child :joy:

8 Likes

Thank you! Getting outside of the comfort zone is sometimes the hardest thing in the world. Not advising you to go swimming, but slowly haha :blush:

10 Likes

I do really need to learn to swim, it’s become a little embarrassing, but I do tend to just own it and tell my friends/family if we’re by water that the kids aren’t the only one they are to look out for, hahaha @josif :slight_smile:

I want to desperately go to Bora Bora one day, it is my dream location, and I need to learn to swim before I do as there are tons of amazing water activities to do there, including diving :smiley:

7 Likes

I don’t really know how to swim either… but that hasn’t stopped me from teaching AquaFit.

8 Likes

As a child I used to love swimming everywhere I always was the first one in. Now I have developed thalassophobia, and I even start to panick in a swimming pool now. :person_shrugging::person_shrugging: Just the taught of going into water makes me uncomfortable. :cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

6 Likes

That sounds really hard @sonja.ekkers.77, sorry to hear that. I definitely have a fear of drowning, I panic when the water goes above a certain level on my body, so I stay in shallower waters.

I love that it hasn’t stopped you enjoying water activities @BrandNewMe - now if only I could channel some of that confidence! :wink:

9 Likes

It’s not to bad I live in Leicestershire far away from the sea and don’t go to pools. Just fields and mud for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

When it was the swimming part of gym class I hated it. I didn’t see the line but whenever I crossed into the deep end I could feel the change in depth. I’d have trouble breathing. I was naughty and forged notes from my dad when I was on my period to avoid swimming.

At the Y we have float belts for the deep water classes so I’m cool with it.

6 Likes

winter is still here… wishing you all a fantastic weekend!!
Stay safe and get lots of good quality sleep.
On my part shovelling has definitely helped to feel exhausted at night = good quality sleep :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I miss the snow in Canada having grown up in Toronto … can’t say the same of the wind chills!! Send more pics of the beautiful white stuff @laurent.rossier.

9 Likes

@Kaveh
SORRY… not white this time… trust you will come to like the blue as well :grin:

Have a wonderful Sunday everybody

7 Likes

Oh wow … the town I grew up in … Union Station. So strange to see a photo now. Haven’t been back really in over 20 years! Enjoy the crisp Sunday afternoon sun! :heart:

4 Likes

Great pictures J , I love the sound of the sea , the wind and the smell of salt and seaweed it makes me relax and as a result sleep better.
I am hoping to get away this summer I really miss travelling abroad especially some place warm , probably Spain again or I really liked Poland , vowed to return there and see more of the country a great place. :+1:

7 Likes

@Aaron hey, I was in Copenhagen zoo yesterday! I photographed some penguins :smiley: And a few other animals too!

11 Likes

10 Likes