By the sea - Calming experience

Hey treehouse,

I’m J (short for Josif) and I’m sofi’s visual designer. A few days ago I traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark and it is my first trip since Covid started. Trust me, a few months ago I was certain I will never set foot on a plane again. Covid completely changed my mind state, and I went from a person who loved to travel to the end of the world to a person who is anxious to go to the supermarket. Now, that changed. It was a very hard decision, with a lot of anxiety and fear, but I managed to overcome it, and it can only get easier from here, slowly marching back to December 2019 :joy:

Today, we went on a short trip outside of the city to the beach. Listening to the waves and the cold wind is one of the most peaceful things I felt in a long time. Going outdoors is the best mind healing you can get. Does the sea have the same effect on you?

We also went to the aquarium after. Take a look at a few images from today :blush:

J

Uploading: image.png(1)…

23 Likes

I agree with you the ocean is such a calming influence
I love all outdoors it certainly helps with mind clutter

7 Likes

Since my job is mostly behind a computer I don’t have a lot of choices. And after staying too long inside, you know it’s good to take a walk outside but you still won’t do it. That’s me anyways. Going outside daily can solve half of the problems for sure! :blush:

9 Likes

It’s amazing to see you in the treehouse @josif and not just on endless zooms!! Have an amazing time and thank you for sharing these beautiful moments … totally agree with @chris.king5 … something incredibly infinite and tranquil about where the sea and sky meet on the horizon. :pray:

10 Likes

It’s amazing to be here! I’ll share more pics in the coming days :blush:

8 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :heart:

7 Likes

Happy to share and potentially give good spirits to all anxious beings like me! :heart:

8 Likes

Ahhh wonderful pictures, im glad youve found something that soothes your mind, i always find aquariums a relaxing place especially in the penguin zone :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::rofl: its great to have you in here with us J , p.s if you find any penguins and get pics dont hesitate to put them up here for me :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

All those negative ions :blush:
Because we live by the sea we don’t notice it much but friends who come to stay often notice it.

Never get bored of the stunning views though… ions or not!

7 Likes

Wow… thanks so much for sharing those photos. They are stunning. So glad you managed on your trip :raised_hands::herb:

7 Likes

True, almost like you’re underwater! No penguins here sadly, but when I’m back in Belgrade I’ll send pictures, they have a lot of them in the zoo! :blush:

7 Likes

Lucky to live by the sea! I will consider moving south :palm_tree:

7 Likes

Unfortunately the sea where I am is often grey and cold! But occasionally the sun shines!

14 Likes

That’s stunning @pamelaspence … nice image to try to sleep to. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

So peaceful and calming! Love it :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

If you’re able to do your work on a laptop :computer: you can definitely stay outside more.

6 Likes

I’ve never been at peace more than while we were in Hawaii November 2020. Both hotels had a view of the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other.

Waikiki
Kaanapali

13 Likes

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing! :heart:

I love being by the water. For me it doesn’t matter the body of water. It can be the sea, lake, river, pond or aquarium. There is just something so peaceful and calming. It’s one of the very few times my mind slows down and I’m not thinking at 500mph.

Which is really weird because as soon as I’m out ON the water I freak out :joy:

I’m very lucky as I live 5 minutes from rolling hills and 10 minutes from the sea.

9 Likes

Right now the storm force gales coming straight off the sea that are making the house creak scuppered a good night’s sleep! Thank goodness for that island in the way giving some shelter to our bit of coastline. All trains off from 4pm across Scotland and do not travel advice from the govt after 3pm. As we say up here - it’s a bit blowy! :grin:

10 Likes

Hope you all stay safe . Here in the Midlands we normally are ok . But storm on Friday seems to be a strong one for us :scream::scream: forecast is wind gusts up to 70km/ h I hope my sheep in the field don’t blow away :sweat::sweat::sweat: but we have till Friday to get organized. As this storm today and tomorrow won’t be to bad for us in the Midlands.

8 Likes