Depression and anxiety

It’s a weired day today. I am waiting for my prescription of my depression tablets but I have ran out today. I have 150 g daily but I have kept a small quantity of 50’s for emergencies. The only trouble is I have only taken 100 g so they will last.
But my mood is already changing. I am just going out of the buzz and starting to feel down and restless. I am going to struggle as I don’t know how long I have to wait for the prescription and its bank holiday next week.
I don’t know how I am going to cope. Does anyone have any ideas? Any would be helpful.

4 Likes

Hello @zoesnowyowl and welcome to the Treehouse, we’re glad to have you here.

Sorry to hear you’re struggling today. Is there any way you can call your pharmacist and find out when the medicine will arrive? That would do away with worrying about it and they may be able to advise you on what to do in the meantime.

There are so many different ways people find of coping with feeling down that it’s tricky to cover them all. I would look back to whatever has helped you in the past - meditation, walking, breathing exercises, yoga, being in nature, any of these things can help. But it’s clear that the key thing is you get your medication quickly to get back to your normal dose.

Maybe some of the members here have found additional ways of helping when they feel restless that you might feel you want to try.

Hope you get back on track very soon.

:pray: :herb:

5 Likes

Prozac is really good as it doesnt have the same mood swing effect as most others if you cut down or miss a couple.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. I had a small facial pamper time, it helped with the stress. I didn’t think it would help, but when moisturizing your face it’s like having a facial massage.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I contacted the pharmacy today and it will be ready for collection later today.
I did find a facial pamper time does really help with stress.

4 Likes

So glad to hear that your meds are going to be ready for you today.
Great that you’ve found that facial pamper time helps too!

:herb:

3 Likes

Thank you. But the other day I suffered with severe IBS pain and gastritis, I still had a touch yesterday but it’s started again today. So I am feeling tired and stressed over the pain.
It will pass, but I am trying to focus on my crochet the best I can. My son is at home today and tomorrow if I need any help.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you have your son with you. Hope you are feeling better soon. :herb:

2 Likes