Stressed due to no sleep

Im really struggling… im lucky to get 45 min non disturbed sleep. There is not even any reason for me waking up i was awake till 5.50am thismorning nodded off sometime after that and woke back up by half 6, ive felt so tired all day butbto irritated to actually wind down and sleep! Really cant wait to recieve the products and kit my sleep is virtually non existent which in turn is making me feel so stressed and anxious. My mood has been affected and i cant focus on anything! Gp has given me sleeping tablets but im trying not to give in and take them and hoping im included in the next wave to try the amazing products i have reading about

6 Likes

Hi Kelly, while you’re waiting for the trial have you tried taking a magnesium tablet before you go to bed?
I too didn’t want to go down the prescription sleeping tablets route, but some times you are so desperate for sleep.
Try magnesium citrate, or glycinate or maleate but avoid oxide as it’s the cheap one that doesn’t absorb very well in the body or if you don’t like the idea of that you can buy good quality magnesium spray from Amazon that you can spray on your legs and soles of your feet before bed. I do both and it helps me get off to sleep much quicker still wake every 2 hours but often can get back to sleep. I found the ashwanga trial was the best for me it certainly helped with stress, but we are all different. I also meditate before bed but that’s another story :joy: hope you get some sleep soon.

4 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation i will definately look into this tomorrow im willing to give anything a go. I too would be happy with 2hour slots lol i know i cant go on like this much longer. Thanks again have a lovely day xxx

4 Likes

Ashwagandha seems to be now more readily available from health food / supplement stores. I didn’t get on with it in the trials - Valerian was far better for me - but I would give some of the supplements a go while you wait to be included in the trials.

3 Likes

I completely understand where you are honey! It’s so disheartening feeling powerless over our own bodies isn’t it?! I mustve tried everything over the years to help with insomnia (i developed it after having Glandular Fever when i was 15 … im now 42!) And at times i was going days without any meaningful sleep but, like you, didnt want to go the medication route. I would say, something like Zopiclone if youre using it very infrequently probably will work to get you a sleep (and it doesnt leave you feeling too wrung out the next day) but because its addictive and loses its efficacy very quickly you’re unlikely to get any lasting help from it! I’ve been unexpectedly lucky in a way that since hitting perimenopause my metabolusm has changed and strangeky im getting more sleep now that i did in my 30s… but whilst im still waiting for my pioneer pack ive found that yoga, believe it or not, has been a huge help! Its meditation whilst moving so you get the calming, relaxing benefits of some real mindfulness as well as a light exercise that will destress your body. It might not wirk for you, or you might not fancy it, but you can do it at home (yoga with Adrienne on You Tube is free and has loads of beginner practices) you dont even need a mat and its done literal wonders for my mental health! Even when im not sleeping well im much more able to face things calmly and without verging a panic attack!

Stay strong honey, youre not alone in this! Xxx

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice i have fibro so already take medications ive just been prescribed zop k ucone but didnt want to start it as i have such an addictive personality im almost bound to become reliant on it. Im going to tru the magnesium and see how that goes i find exercise difficult as i am quite big and the fibro makes my body hurt everywhere. Guess il just keep going for now and hopefully things will fall into place. Mind today i could just cry i had an hour last night over a 3 hour period crazy!!!

4 Likes