Feeling low and lost x

Hi i want to introduce myself im 62 got married wen i was 16 been married for 43 years as hubby died in 2019 he was returning home from work just round the corner from where we live and had a massive heart attack very unexpected. We have 2 grown up children and 4 grandchildren. I decided t write this t day as im feeling very low i miss my hubby so much and t day is one of those days wen im thinking of him more and so wish he was here . I do have a lovely cat who keeps me company i wouldnt b without her now . I really dont want t b here sometimes but got t keep going i suppose.
Thank u 4 listening t me those that did xx

21 Likes

Hi @Longlegs61
I am so sorry you are feeling low and I am so sorry to hear about your husband.
I feel low and lost a lot too, I hope you can cuddle your cat and have a relaxing day. Sending lots of hugs your way x
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

9 Likes

Thank u and a big hug t u :hugs: xx

8 Likes

Hi @Longlegs61 it’s OK to feel like that sometimes, it’s OK to spend some hours crying about it, you are just letting of the pressure you built up because of missing the good moments you had with him, just showing how blessed you were with that love! That is the meaning for the word Saudade.
Try to see if it helps to keep something that reminds you of pure happiness with your living loved ones, right next to memories of him, so when you feel overwhelmed thinking about him, you can be reminded of the other amazing love and experiences you have and can keep having.
It will take a while, but you will be able to look back and only see the good he left, and the good you both did, for the ones that are there with you, and you will just feel proud and eager to keep living your life helping yourself and others with more happy moments :heavy_heart_exclamation:

8 Likes

Thank u i shall try xx

6 Likes

Hi longlegs I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling lost and low and probably a wee bit frightened l too lost my husband about a year earlier than yours sad to say my hubby couldn’t cope in this world any longer and sadly he killed himself but I grieved for him for 2 years then my turning point came when I went back to a place that had been special for us and I sat and cried till I had no more tears left but while I sat contemplating my lonely existence and did I really want to be here 2 things happened about the same time one was a huge rainbow appeared in the sky so beautiful then within minutes a butterfly land on my knee I didn’t move while it was there but I thought about life and how much I would miss all the wonders of this e we told if I decided to follow my husband and I think he wouldn’t have wanted to do that so from then on I have lived my life to the full as best as I could and still am doing so and I try to look forward rather than back but I never can or would forget the lust of my life
I hope you can try looking forward to finding something that makes you joyful each day in fact if your still breathing that’s one big bonus doll
Love and happiness to you chin up lass

9 Likes

Thank u so sorry t about ur hubby xx

5 Likes

Just know you are never alone! Sending hugs! Take care of yourself

7 Likes

Thank u :heartbeat: i shall u too xx

6 Likes

Hi @Longlegs61, I’m so sorry to hear about your husbands passing and I can only imagine how that feels, I had a loss 9 months ago, a woman who was closer to me than my own mother, it hurts, I know that, and everyone says it’ll get easier, and that we go through stages, anger, and blame, I have cried, and allowed myself to cry, I’ve been angry at pepple who wronged her after she died, and I’ve had to tell myself to be gracious to these people, but it hurts, you were so close for so long, you have children together, been through so many ups and downs too I guess, I dont know if it gets easier, I hope so, but you never have to feel so alone, the people on this site are very friendly and will help any way they can, and believe me, a few kind words can help when you reach rock bottom. I hope you begin to feel somewhat better, you don’t need to apologise for your feelings, as they’re all important to you, I have 2 cats, and they’ve let me cry into their coats many times, ones long haired, shes good at mopping up my tears, they’re a real comfort, i live alone too. I hope you feel better, and that your family rallies around, you have to let them in, let them know how you feel. I’m sick of people telling me to keep my chin up, but I know they mean well. Take care

8 Likes

I am sorry to hear you’re feeling low. Losing someone so suddenly is such a shock, do you have a supportive network around you? People that you can talk openly with? Know that there are people that care about you, reach out to your family and friends. Take care and look after yourself x

6 Likes

Thank u i have a friend i c once a week who i talk to xx

4 Likes

Thank u it eases with time but i have this empty feeling in my stomach then i start panicking and think i cant do this on my own but i look and 3 years have gone so i have done this but it still seems like only yesterday it happened. Yes words do comfort thank u xx

4 Likes

I hope you wre ok, and everyone on here is very good, we rally round. Take care xx

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss really feel for you x hope you can have more good days than bad and hold on to all the good times that you had together. Thoughts with you.

5 Likes

It’s so great to see you here in this community @katr2909 and I hope we can not only provide the kind of lovely support to each other but also a plant that might just make ok feel a little bit better … welcome on board :pray:

4 Likes

Thank u its lovely t b here and b able t share things with others x

5 Likes

Sorry not replied earlier u went to spam
Yes i have more good then bad now the bad days just hit u out of the blue xx

4 Likes

Oh goodness, grief has a way of creeping up on us when we dont expect it. I lost my Dad many years ago, but still think ‘I’ll just tell Dad that’…and i have momentarily forgotten that he has gone, and i become sad and heavy and it becomes raw again. I can only imagine the hurt you feel losing your husband, they are part of our being. I hope you will over come this feeling soon. You are loved by many people and needed by them too. Never feel life is not worth living, i know sometimes it is very hard, but after clouds the sunshine will always appear xx

3 Likes

Thank u yes it’s awful wen it suddenly creeps up on u then u think u cant ho on but i have loving peace around and im more concerned with my mum at the moment as she’s not well and my daughter whos trying t find herself xx

4 Likes