Had to stop the sprays due to getting laryngitis

I am sure it will be fine, going to start my last bottle tonight and then onto the passion flower.
I have personally found no1 to be the best so far it sent me to sleep so quickly it was great.

6 Likes

I’d suggest getting an app called Snore Lab and record your sounds in your sleep. What the valerian did to me is it gave me better deeper sleep so I’m not surprised that I’ve been (what sounds like) breathing though my mouth or sleeping with an open mouth. I also have hay fever and that can block my nose so I’ve been working on clearing my air passages before going to sleep which has helped with the sore throat.

3 Likes

@fcjulia I have been having my seasonal allergies kick in recently … usually I don’t show any hay-fever symptoms till the ragweed season which is usually in late summer … July/August … but for some reason I have had a few nights of allergies since the weekend and it’s totally affected my sleep! Hoping it will pass before I have to get on the Cetirizine Hydrochloride or worst get my annual steroid shot (my secret weapon)! :pray:

5 Likes

I’ve found my hayfever striking up with tree pollen this year which is unusual for me , very strange how hayfever works sometimes :rofl:

3 Likes

Either that or there’s maybe some rapeseed growing in one of the fields behind me :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Uh oh! The pollen has been quite different this year. A number of my patients got symptoms after the storms in Feb too!

You could also try drinking nettle and chamomile tea through the day before going for the big guns. Often that can be enough (and is universally safe) :blush::herb:

4 Likes

I would love for that to work @pamelaspence - Is there a particular nettle/chamomile concoction you would recommend? And do you just brew the tea and leave the tea bag or take it out (I suspect you know all about your teas so thought I should ask a professional)! xx :pray:

4 Likes

Well my secret go to starter blend for hayfever is equal parts of echinacea, chamomile and nettle leaf in tincture form. But tea can also work as long as you make a strong cup and drink 3 x a day. If not, tincture might be required. And of course, as we are all different, these herbs may not be right for you. But they are safe, and a good start.

You can simply buy separate teabags of each and put 3 teabags into a mug and infuse for at least 10mins (or make up a whole pot at once and drink hot or cold through the day).

Or if you have somewhere like Neal’s Yard nearby you can buy the loose herb tea. In which case 1 teaball (2-3 tspns) per mug is enough.

Shout if you get stuck!

3 Likes

I hope you don’t need the shot this time! I’ve seen on the news that the pollen count has been at its highest the last days. Maybe we’re getting it early this year. I’m just back in the river/ lake and swimming usually helps! That’s my secret weapon :laughing: fingers crossed it works!

5 Likes

Late reply but I have a sleep app called better sleep and it records my sleep sounds but unfortunately isn’t that great at picking up the sound

3 Likes