Had to stop the sprays due to getting laryngitis

I started noticing after using the spray that I started getting a dry and sore throat and then I couldn’t talk from Saturday night until up til now.

Is it possible the spray caused this to happen?

3 Likes

@OberonMoon
Could you share how long after use these symptoms appeared?
Any other side effects?

1 Like

Funny you say that. I have a cold at the moment so can’t say it’s the spray, but I noticed that when I point it to the back of my throat I felt similar dryness that turns into soreness in the morning.

4 Likes

I’m going to tag this to @pamelaspence . Have you tested for covid? I’m curious?! Or perhaps just a cold soar throat… let’s hear from the experts …

5 Likes

Thanks @pira for the tag! Always happy to be brought into a thread if I can help :blush:

@OberonMoon sorry to hear that. It may we be coincidence but we need to test that theory of course! Can you try the spray under your tongue and see if that makes a difference? Something in it could be aggravating your throat so that would test that out.

Also can I check if the laryngitis is something you are prone to? Do you have any allergies or hayfever? Do you have any other signs of a cough or cold at the moment? And lastly what pod number you were using when this happened?

If you prefer not to share here you are welcome to DM me.

@fcjulia can you try the same to see whether it helps? It will be difficult to know until your cold has passed but worth trying to spray under the tongue. If you could answer the other questions too that would be great and feel free to DM me id that feels mote comfortable.

Thanks! :herb:

@Kaveh @alexwalkerjones

5 Likes

I’m spraying under my tongue now as you suggested and the throat harshness I felt before seems to be gone. It definitely feels better now. I used to spray at the back of my throat to try to avoid tasting it.
I’m prone to hay fever but it doesn’t normally affect my throat it’s more around my nose and eyes. The cold is still here but hopefully nearly gone.

6 Likes

Hi I think that this was happening to me on my first bottle woke up with a very dry throat and it felt like the start of a cold . This only happened on the first bottle No1 and halfway through the 10 days.

5 Likes

OK great to know that worked for you @fcjulia.
@alexwalkerjones maybe we could add this to Pioneer info somewhere? That if anyone has difficulties they can first try to spray under the tongue? :pray: :herb:

5 Likes

Wonderful! Definitely something to add for our FAQs! And super glad that spraying under the tongue seems to help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Yes! Arguably you might get better absorption there too… better served by blood vessels and some pharmaceuticals are delivered as a sublingual spray… :thinking::herb:

4 Likes

Within about 3-4 days afterwards

2 Likes

I may of possibly figured out it could also be reacting to my antidepressants I’m on. It says that valerian doesn’t mix well with them but passion flower is okay

4 Likes

Ah ok that might be an issue. You can get more information on potential interactions with antidepressants here: Valerian

Hope that helps! :herb:

5 Likes

I did research it and it seemed to have been that, since stopping the sprays it has gone away. But obviously this doesn’t help me with my sleep or anxiety issues now since I can’t take it :confounded:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @OberonMoon, wait for passionflower. I hope that works for you. :crossed_fingers:
Another option, you may want to stop your medications. I know that most of those antidepressants cause addiction and cause us to be mentally dependent. Perhaps consult with your doctor about what if you stop taking them at least for a period and see how your body reacts, you may not really need it. Just a suggestion! cheers :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello @OberonMoon,

Sorry you’ve had to stop the sprays. I think this is more likley to be a direct effect of something in the spray irritating your throat. When we say there can be interactions with anti-depressants it’s more about the valerian either increasing or decreasing the action of the antidepressants rather than another symptom being caused.

Did you manage to try spraying it under your tongue? We have had some feedback that this has resolved the issue for some people.

If you don’t feel you want to try that then that is absolutely fine of course. Passiflora is due to be processed for the next batch of herbs for Pioneers to try so watch this space and hopefully that will be a better fit for you. We know that there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to any medication and it just might be that valerian is not the herb for you.

:herb:

6 Likes

Hi guy’s the spray had an affect on my throat too could be my meds too as I have a couple of health conditions. I have rheumatoid arthritis and Pulmonary hyper tension so I take painkillers and blood thinners although I did check for contra indicators.
Over the last two days I have felt ill so have not started my third bottle yet but will tonight as I don’t believe the two were related so will crack on. :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Hi Danny have you tried spraying under your tongue like @pamelaspence suggested?

4 Likes

Yes I tried that and it certainly helps but I find it gives me a really dry throat and I can put up with that.:blush:

6 Likes

That’s a shame, hopefully the passiflora agrees with you better :heart_eyes:

5 Likes