I can't believe it worked

Hello @pamelaspence
I usually sleep very well - mostly uninterrupted sleep for 7-8 hrs. Only exception is when “live gets too much” but luckily it’s not that often. Additionally, I don’t have any caffeine intake as I stopped drinking coffee approx 11 years ago. The teas I drink are herbal only.

When I started with the Sofi stick, 2 things happened:
Firstly, I could hardly stay awake after spraying…
Secondly, something happed to my sleep. I was waking up totally exhausted, and felt like my sleep was very light. Similar to a hang-over feeling…

True enough, I didn’t continue with the spray for very much longer - and stopped to get back into my normal rhythm. It took quite a while and I am now back and ready to give it another try.
Just need to replace the battery and will then start with another Pod.

I will reach out should the same pattern repeat itself - and will very likely stop spraying if it indeed happens again.

4 Likes

Hello @laurent.rossier,

Apologies for the delay!

Thanks for the detail. So if your sleep is usually good, i’m wondering what prompted you to take valerian at bedtime? We wouldn’t usually medicate where there is no need. So it may just be your body telling you that you don’t need this plant at this time.

However if you do have some stress and anxiety going on then valerian is still a very useful plant to take, but if that steess and anxiety doesn’t interrupt your sleep, it may be that taking it during the day would help your nervous system when it needs it and allow you to enjoy yout natural sleep pattern.

Does that make sense? If so, you could try to take your dosage in the AM and afternoon and see how that feels.

:herb:

5 Likes

Hello @pamelaspence
I was trying to see if there is an effect - and clearly there was. I do agree that it might not have made a lot of sense, given that I am blessed with great sleep (and mind you: we have been sleeping on the floor for months now, as we are still waiting for our goods after international relocation…). My sleep since then: totally unchanged and super solid.
I have not ventured back into using the sticks, and will hold off for a bit longer.

3 Likes

Hi @laurent.rossier ,
Ah that makes sense - so I think it is likely the scenario of medicating where you didn’t need it. However, all the plants we are rolling out to the Pioneers are used for more than just sleep, we have particularly looked at anxiety and stress also, so it may just be that other plants will be supportive and that valerian wasn’t what your body needed at the time.

Goodness that is a long time to wait for your things! Are they still stuck in Singy? Hope that resolves soon!

:herb:

4 Likes