If only this would work for me 😉

5 Likes

I love this @sonja.ekkers.77 … have you given it a go? I might try to see what it does - to slow yourself down is key so if you get control to clear your mind (however you do that) and get all the thoughts of today, tomorrow and the indefinite figure out of your mind and float gently in a calm blue sky or a black hammock … I totally see the logic … just need the self awareness and control to tap into it. I think probably practice makes better. Happy Saturday! :hugs:

1 Like

I’ve tried but it’s not working for me . Plus my mind wonders very quickly the same when I try guided meditation :person_shrugging::person_shrugging: I don’t have much patience in life :rofl::rofl: not a good thing, I know.

3 Likes

Did you try the loona app - life to know what you think. The guys created that company did that cause they told me they found it annoying to hear someone telling them to focus or be calm! They rather do something that did that for them. So they created the app. It’s really for night time before bed and possibly bad as uses phone but I did find the stories immersive and it did slow me down.

4 Likes

I will try that. I listened to a story and they guy said imagine your on a beach in a chair and the waves are rolling in. The moment he stopped talking I taught I have no time to sit here :rofl::rofl::rofl: I have stables to muck out sheep :sheep: to feed. And I didn’t well not that time of night :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is one of the first things you learn about hypnotherapy

4 Likes

4 Likes

Just checked that clip out I’m going to give it s try but I doubt it will work but u never no lol

3 Likes

@sonja.ekkers.77 love the intention of the tiktok video. 2 minutes goes by quickly!
For over 10 years I’ve recommended and utilized myself the body scan - as a fantiastic way to induce a relaxation state more receptive to sleep. Here’s a link for a self-guided Body Scan Meditation: 10 Minute Guided Body Scan Meditation from The Meditation Coach - YouTube
this one is almost 11 minutes.

I’m a huge fan of adjuvants… meaning - how many different supports/techniques/rituals can you reasonable engage on a regular basis to induce and sustain a deep sleep?

Here’s a FULL list to considering incorporating put together by one of my mentors, Dr. David Rakel: https://www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_sleep.pdf

You’ll definitely find our friend, Valerian, on that list. I challenge you to incorporate a few more!
wishing you sweet dreams…

5 Likes

Thank you. I’m going to try the link tonight.

4 Likes