I'm so tired and I messed up at work šŸ˜©

I havenā€™t really slept for 3 days and yesterday I made a mistake at work .Iā€™m so mortified as pride myself on double checking myself and re checking ā€¦ I work in a residential home for adults with mental health issues. Itā€™s vital everything is perfect.
I messed up some paper work :weary:ā€¦today Iā€™ve had to say to my boss that I canā€™t administer medication,as I canā€™t even see straight as so tired.
I feel so low and disappointed in myselfā€¦I know this is all due to lack of sleep.
I think its time to see the G.P ā€¦feeling so sad :disappointed:

10 Likes

Hi Kat, Iā€™m so sorry that happened.

Itā€™s got to be one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when youā€™re someone who cares about your work as much as you clearly do - but make sure not to keep beating yourself up about it!

People on 8+ hours of sleep still make mistakes (and ones bigger than yours too!), and I think itā€™s safe to say you wouldnā€™t be in this type of job if you werenā€™t someone who really, truly cares. :blue_heart:

Lack of sleep is invisible to most but it doesnā€™t make it less real than any other health concern - and especially so when it comes to the aspects of day-to-day functioning it can affect.

All this to say that you deserve a lot more grace than you might be giving yourself right now! Take care of you and my fingers are crossed for you for some better nights ahead. x

7 Likes

How are you feeling now @kat ? Whatā€™s so incredibly amazing is your sense of responsibility towards the care and compassion you show to the folks of the residential home. I am confident that if your boss is worthy of you she or he will do everything in their power to support you towards regaining your balance xo

6 Likes

So true xxx please dont be so hard on yourself,mistakes happen and your going to get this sorted out and your sleep I promise

6 Likes

Thank you everyone ā€¦I really feel terrible about it but hopefully I will sleep tonight and things wonā€™t seem so bad tomorrow.
My boss isnā€™t that understanding to be honest so that isnā€™t helpful but I didnā€™t want to make anymore mistakes, so felt it was best to stay well away from meds and controlled drugs ā€¦we are short staffed as 3 staff have covid .So isnā€™t ideal timing :confused:
Going to have a bubble bath and get to bed early, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: ā€¦please god let me sleep !!!

6 Likes

Hi Kat, I am so sorry that you are feeling so sad and hope that you had a lovely bubble bath and relax. Sending you lots of love and supportive vibes xx

5 Likes

Thanks again everyone, really means alot ā€¦I actually managed 5 hours sleep :raised_hands: ā€¦feeling brighter and way more positive :sparkles: :yellow_heart:
Xx

7 Likes

This feels a lot like regaining that balance x glad to read your message @kat cause itā€™s going to make my day! Have a great morning! :pray:

4 Likes

Hello @Kat: how are you doing today? I hope you again managed to get some sleep? In any case: have a relaxing weekend; get some action in, get some fresh air and enjoy the moments!

2 Likes

Hey @laurent.rossier yes Iā€™m doing much better, thank you for checking on me.I am managing about 5 hours a night in a row which is pretty good for me ā€¦I am working this weekend but I feel like I can fully function on 5 hours so Iā€™m coping.
Hope all good with u :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank u @Kaveh means alot

4 Likes

Thank u@alexwalkerjones and @Grootette too ā€¦p.s just figured out how to use peopleā€™s tags !!sorry bit slow with tech haha

4 Likes

Congrats @kat
Keep it up and keep us posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Kat but do what you have to do and I hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes Danny

3 Likes

Iā€™m ok @dannytobin68 things looked very bleak there for a few days but it was a wake up call reallyā€¦I have to get sleep or my brain just wonā€™t function properly.
Think I thought I could just carry on and it wasnā€™t affecting my life but it is unfortunately :confused:.
Iā€™m alot more positive this week ,thank u :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi Kat, well done for doing the tags! I donā€™t even know how to do thatā€¦lol! I can only just about reply to messages. Social media is alien to me. I use it sometimes but usually donā€™t really havenā€™t a clue what to do :laughing: My 11 Yr old son is always sayingā€¦ā€œMum, come hereā€¦let me do it for youā€ā€¦so funny. I just go with the flow and chill though and not let it worry me :blush: I might try and learn more one day though if i need toā€¦maybeā€¦

4 Likes

Haha !Iā€™m the same @Grootette my son is 15 and is always laughing at me for not knowing what to do online .He helps me out if I get stuck.

4 Likes