Shift pattern and health

Just curious if any others work rotating shift patterns including nights, and if it affects their health and sleep as much as it affects mine, ive gone home today 2 hours into shift from a what i believe is most likely a virus, i always find myself with something every few weeks :pensive::pensive:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this @Aaron … are you feeling any better? And have you always Kl’s one shift work or is this a new patterns into your life? Hope you’re managing some rest and feel better soon!! :pray:

4 Likes

Ive only been in this job for about 3 year’s but always finding myself since i joined ill , i feel trapped some days though because the money is too good, and i dont wanna struggle with money ever again like i used to , i wish it was the root of my sleepless night / days but ive been like this since i was a teen, but maybe it is a factor on it too now days, apologies if some bits make no sense ive living on 20 minutes of sleeo since yesterday morning :pensive:

6 Likes

You know it’s hard to articulate some of this core stuff even with sleep! I hope you find the root cause … a question to possibly ask oneself is do you ultimately feel like you’re in charge of the decisions you are making or do you feel powerless in them … and if you feel powerless what can you do to change that. I remember in a previous project I founded the board hired a manager who was utterly incapable … it was some of the unhappiest phases for me. It wasn’t his (lack) of skill / leadership that bothered me … but for a brief period in time I felt powerless in my situation … I corrected that eventually (and ultimately stepped off the board) … but had to change the environment I was in … I have no basis to make a recommendation of what you should do … but it sounds from what you’re telling me you already know the source of the problem! Well that’s half the battle!! Keep well @Aaron and try to get some rest! :pray:

5 Likes

I have worked shift patterns in the past thinking it would improve my sleep but it made things worse I had to quit I used to get in and fall asleep for 10 minutes and then be awake for the rest of eternal time , walking zombie is the only way to describe my situation

4 Likes

Changing from night shift to evening shift i always find the worse, i believe i had 3 days of no sleep or what felt like it anyway. Its what led me here originally too :laughing:

4 Likes

Super excited :smile:

4 Likes

@alexwalkerjones ^ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay! So happy it finally arrived :blush: Received and reserved for you! :rabbit2: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you friend @Aaron !

3 Likes

Theres a cake in your name :hushed: is it your birthday today ? :open_mouth::open_mouth:

4 Likes

@Aaron Yes, it is! A neat little feature of the treehouse I wasn’t aware of until now haha! :laughing: :gift: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That’s very neat :grin: happy birthday to you :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you kindly! So far it’s been lovely

4 Likes

Ah happy birthday @alexwalkerjones !! :birthday:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday, Alex! :partying_face: :smiley:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @alexwalkerjones

4 Likes

I worked rotating shifts and it definitely has an effect especially night’s and your employer has a duty of care and has to check for these negative consequences of nightshift.
I would contact your trade union or human resources and let them know you are having difficulties they may be able to help in some way.
All the best Aaron.

5 Likes

I did not know this, could be worth a try, thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@pamelaspence @pira @BrandNewMe Thank you so much for the bday wishes! I had myself a little getaway to Edinburgh for the weekend, it was truly magical!

7 Likes