Increase (or adjust) range of mood options?

I am fully aware that these are early days. My feedback: I am definitely lacking some mood options.
I just travelled from Asia to Europe and still continue to struggle with jet-lag… every morning I feel EXHAUSTED… but that is not an option at this stage.
Not sure if more feel that way, but being “Angry” (which is an option at the moment) doesn’t seem as common than being “exhausted”…
Could it be an option to poll the users in this forum, which Mood status they are missing?

8 Likes

That’s super perceptive @laurent.rossier … see below, this is where our community is at now …

… so indeed Angry is used very little! You may find “Tired” as a good proxy to journal exhaustion … but that leaves potentially two “sofiji” characters that aren’t much in demand by our community … if this continues for a little while longer we could run a little competition of who we are missing. The only consideration is that if we are moving a negative (“Anger”) or a positive (“Excitement”) sofiji into retirement for a new emotion … we need to pick one that is in the same direction - negative (with "Anger) or positive (with “Excitement”) … but totally open to suggestions … perhaps we can have a vote and see what are the top two (one positive and one negative) … and then we can go through the process of prioritising them into the backlog (sorry @Kirill!!). KM

6 Likes

That sounds like a good idea

3 Likes

For me if there was a options for feeling alright. Don’t always have a specific feeling . But I just feel alright .

4 Likes

When I was choosing this morning I wondered why it wasn’t in there also… I just maxed out in the intensity for the tired option. I’ve already addressed in another thread, but tired and/or exhausted are pretty much the norm for me (as I’m sure it is for a lot of us on here) so I’d like to be able to select more than one mood option and be able to scale each one - maybe on percentages? Or…. maybe change altogether and do something more graphic, inline with the plant theme, and have the user be able to arrange the moods on branches of a tree… or leaves of a plant from the ground up leaving those that don’t apply in the dirt… some ramblings :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Love ramblings … keep rambling and ramble often please! Just reviewing priorities we will try to fix through for Monday so we are beginning to build a backlog (as we suspected) but certainly will keep on reassessing them … do you find the intensity dialler on the characters very clear or could they be better? Would you like to see a number for example that goes up and down from 1 to 99 as you change or scroll the intensity?

4 Likes

I can see what you mean - if we have an alright / ok feeling option do you think we may lose the benefit of encouraging people to describe the kind of “ok” they are feeling? Love your thoughts on this. It’s a real challenge to get maximum insight!

1 Like

Maybe there needs to be an option that just says meh

4 Likes

A qualified sort of “not too bothered” … “not too excited” … “not too worrried” … “not too anything” … perhaps a bit numb, and growing a little unimpressed and indifferent … meh! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the ‘meh’ option!Although I wonder if it gives us the specificity we need to understand it. The more I use the app the more I realise that ‘angry’ really jars as an option. ‘Annoyed’ could work but actually I notice patients use the work ‘irritable’ much more often in relation to the knock on effect of poor sleep. Irritable with the intensity dialled up IS angry.

It’s also going to be cultural I think - there are so many jokes about Brits (like me) never admitting to being 'angry’and that an irate response from a Brit would be having the ‘kind’ from ‘kind regards’ removed from the end of an email :laughing:

So much rich diversity in this tapestry of being human!

5 Likes

We can try this sofi with annoyed for a little while see if she becomes any more popular before we retire her? What do you think @pamelaspence ?

Can I be pedantic and request ‘irritable’? :grin: More commonly used IMHO and annoyed is a step up from that on the dialler, angry is more intense still.

4 Likes

I think the guys are going to push out annoyed … we may have to meet “annoyed” before we meet “irritable” …!

3 Likes

Definitely would appreciate more clarity in the intensity dial… numbers or percentages (with multiple mood options) would be much more clear. :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Yes! I’m always wondering what I’m dialing LOL

3 Likes

Super interesting feedback … I think right now we have four positive and four negative emotions that we can journal and also we can set an intensity level from 01-99 by toggling the dial up and down … so we look in our analysis at how your dial (positive or negative emotions) but equally importantly the intensity of those feelings over time. How would you improve that user experience? We have a few ideas in the backlog we are going to look at but certainly welcome any other suggestions here K. Thank you so much for being a pioneer with us on this journey. KM

4 Likes

Scales of one for ten on each emotion would be Handy. So 1 being mild and 10 the worst. Just an idea?

4 Likes