Sofi | emotional dialler | introducing two new "sofiji" states

We have decided to relabel two of our “sofiji” characters from anticipate and surprise to anxious and excited. This has the impact of turning our emotional dialler from 3 positive, 2 neutral and 3 negative feelings to 4 positive and 4 negative feelings that pioneers can use to journal. Thx @vincent for the heads up. We are now implementing this and should have it done shortly thx to @filipe. Latest character designations below. Have a great night guys and an awesome week ahead! KM

3 Likes

Thanks for making these changes @Kaveh. That’s much appreciated!

I think the word ‘anxious’ works a bit better than ‘anticicaptive’. (I’d never heard of the word before I saw it in the app to be honest :upside_down_face:)

And I’m sure I’ll be more often ‘excited’ than ‘surprised’, so I’m loving the changes.

Muchas gracias Sir!

4 Likes

Would it be possible to have a “neutral” option?

7 Likes

Would it simply say: neutral?

Or are thinking of a ‘neutral’ emotional state like, I feel ‘Meh’?

7 Likes

I definitely would love a “meh” option! Perhaps there should be a sub menu for notation of exogenous mood altering substances or sleep aids? :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

What about having a range of emotions and you are able to select the ones for your own emotional wheel? Ie there are more than fit on your wheel and you can select the ones you feel most connected with?

7 Likes

That sounds like it would allow more ambiguous states which works be very helpful!

4 Likes

Anxious looks like a mustache to me.

6 Likes

What have you done, it’s hard to unsee this now…

6 Likes

It’s true! I never seen that and agreed with @Kirill … can’t unsee it!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always thought the same! I thought it was meant to be like that :laughing:

3 Likes

It might just be me but I find it hard to move the slider by the bit with the sofijis . The other sliders have gotten bigger and easier to move . I gave up today as I just couldn’t move it .

1 Like

Hi @sonja.ekkers.77,

I too try to slide them but apparently tapping on the sofijis will make them move to the middle as well. So see if that works for you?

2 Likes

Hi,I love this idea,I’m currently battling a flu,testing negative daily but sleep patterns all off as I’m taking night nurse and waking up meh…but I’d dont know if I should journal this as it’s not how I am usually.

5 Likes

I would journal all the same. More data the better in establishing your baseline against which we can measure an effect from the plant.

5 Likes

Thankyou!and thankyou for having me xx

5 Likes

Thrilled to have you here Jacqueline with us figuring it all out! Hope you had an excellent break and some down time over Xmas and (even possibly) managed to also get some sleep!

5 Likes

So here we are, a new year. And I am looking at our lovely sofijis and thinking about the ones that aren’t giving us a lot of insight into how the community is feeling … so this is what we can see right now …

So I am looking at potentially putting “Anger” and “Excitement” into a sofi retirement program - benching them for a little bit, and potentially introducing new characters that can help us dig a little deeper into “Tired” and “Anxious” - two emotional states that seem to summarise many of us. As always, love to hear your thoughts … first, will you miss Anger and Excitement … and if we could give you two choices to pick between how you expressed tiredness or anxious … what would they be? As always, grateful for all your of thoughts and comments! :pray: xx

7 Likes

Unless I’m looking forward to something special that day I don’t wake up excited. I don’t think I’ve ever woken up angry.

8 Likes

For me,I’m a waitress in England in a very busy restaurant this last 2 months with Christmas parties,NY eve parties,constant flow of showers,screaming children,people stressed and impatient ,I adore my job dont get me wrong,so the nervous or anxious part of me is waking up tired knowing the day will be really mentally and physically exhausting.So,just a thought,but I know its alot but maybe a quick emoji check in before we go to bed. It gives you a sense of how we feel trying to get to sleep before taking whatever the cocktail of sleep aids natural or man made we all choose to take.
Otherwise the checkin daily works for me.i usually don’t get to bed for 2am tho at least as a (sober 3years)bartender.

7 Likes