Journalling hours?☘

Hello,quick question i should of asked 2 months ago :rofl:,im journalling hours in bed,not hours of actual sleep i got but ballparking sleep too.So if im in bed at 2am waking up 10 am but ive been up 3 times,smoked,loo,lay there etc,i could of avtually been asleep 5 hrs?what should i be putting?thing is i make a point not to look at clock or ill fet anxiety.thanks all Sofi team​:seedling:and Pioneers​:metal:

3 Likes

I just put how long in bed it’s easier

4 Likes

As long as you stick consistently to one measure that is most key … or course ultimately we are looking to help increase the sleep portion of the bed time … adding the architect of the sofi brain here to see what he says … @enricovarano … thoughts? :pray:

4 Likes

Okay sounds good.take for example most ppl i know with hyper active brains at bed time, anxiety or mild to wild insomnia,we either pass out but wake up alot,cant fall asleep but out 1 hour or 10hrs,lay in bed for ages before or after sleep in a wierd state of either blue screen or no switch off button,or some knocked out version on antihistimines,weed,liqour and food comas​:rofl:This routine we are findibg ourselves in together with Sofi is bringing in a small sense of normality and structure we might lack. Consistently is definitely needed as sleep is not​:+1::green_heart:

4 Likes

Thankyou xxx i might need to leave my ipad in the living room then haha!!:rofl::+1:

2 Likes

Hi ya!
I’m only new and haven’t received a box yet but Ive been talking with the admins/creators (apologies can’t remember the title in their email) and they seem so very motivating and encouraging and even though I’m already trying valerian as a supplement I’m still eager to meet everyone else who struggles with severe insomnia and sleep deprivation. ANYWAY,nice to meet YOU!

I’ve been journalling the hours I’ve slept at night time which is usually NONE or 2-3 at most. MYy smartwatxh usualg supports fbsf tkk. I can fall asleep but never stay asleep longer than the time above. Apart from the valerian supp I’m also prescribed 10mg valium and sometimes even try a Nytol antihistamine.
It’s still all pointless , I barely ever even feel drowsy. I’ve had problems sleeping since 2015 or so. My illness or illnesses - still undiagnosed, I was told in 2005 it was fibromyalgia but what happens me is not fibromyalgia. Hasn’t been for a LONG time. I don’t know anyone with fibromyalgia who has, among other horror symptoms constant peeling skin when I get too warm at all. Theincluding constant pelvis to feet pain in the up to 8 on the scale level, tachy-brady issues and random seizure type activity while fully concious (and many times while trying to go to sleep or just kicks me like a mule to the bead when I’ve been concentrating on breathing to calm my mind -among many other issues!

Honestly thought, I just want some regular sleep. I have a feeling my lack of sleep which isn’t insomnia it’s sleep deprivation because I usually pass out I don’t set myself up to go to bed…I think sleep is a key in ALL of the symptoms. I can’t think of anything I haven’t tried but dealing with pain all the time really screws me over when it comes to getting a good exercise work out in …and I used to adore being so fit and toned and it kept me able to fight my Illness for ten years :sob:

Anyway nice to meet you , that’s my answer. Xx

6 Likes

Thankyou for sharing @SlimJ1980 is your name Jacky?im Jacqueline or Jackie too!maybe reach out on here too if any one else suffers with it hun…must be so painfully agrivating.I quit alcoholic 3 years ago and found my sleep is awful since,but its worth it as booze hated me!:rofl:

3 Likes

Yes I’m a Jacky too although I’m always getting called Jackie lol, was born a Jacqueline, hated my name, Signing Jacqueline with your surname is a nightmare I discovered early and became Jacky at 12 but went through Jackie and Jacqui before settling on the boyish Jacky because I was always a bit of a tomboy and it just stuck lol. I sign everything Jacky and my passport even reads Jacky :laughing:
Thanks for the tips. I’m really trying to get to know the format as I am using my phone to connect as it also carries my smartwatch info too so if I forget what times I did fall asleep IF I fell asleep that is,at least it tells me whether I was in light of deep sleep. Always light sleep rarely deep which is the important part of course. I hope I can learn from here so I will be reading a lot I reckon!
Nice to meet you :upside_down_face: it’s nice to find another Jackie we are rare breeds :rofl: and good on you for your freedom to sobriety. I know how it feels to be so sleep deprived though. Sometimes you feel like you’re going mad. I’ve had hallucinations and everything from lack of sleep so it wouldn’t surprise me that other issues like crazy electrical activity to the brain would occur too. It’s a pity our health service though public is absolutely b.s in Ireland where I’m from xx
P.s sorry for typos. It’s my phone’s favourite hobby :roll_eyes: :iphone: :hammer:

4 Likes

it’s so incredibly amazing to have you here with us @SlimJ1980 and we are really keen to help each other as Pioneers discover something meaningful in plants. We know they have a huge potential to target various pathways that cause sleeplessness and anxiety and it does take patience to discover an effect, but we hope with the help of sofi we can make that process a little more transparent, a little faster, and a little more measurable. Would be delighted to have you as a Pioneer here and certainly complete you baseline so we can establish what normal is for you … and this mean that as soon as we validate your address and ship you a sofi surprise we will enrol you in the S2 Program which will be with Passiflora. We are looking to active about a dozen plans over the next 12 months and they are all powerful in their own ways … hopefully together we will discover the ones that make a difference for you! Again so grateful to have you here Jacky. xx :pray:

4 Likes

Hi Kaveh

Thank you !
I’m optimistic and feeling positive for a change. The idea behind this is great whoever came up with it should be so praised as so many people suffer with sleep issues especially because of our lives ways stuck to blue screen light (which is definitely a habit I need to break as I usually pass out watching something after hitting complete battery empty level!)
I’m actually very hopeful about something for once. I’ve tried supplementing with valerian root extract capsules but I’m not sure how much they are helping as I was also prescribed 10mg diazepam about 6mths ago after being taken off the zopiclone I’d been on for years and was now defunct as my body was completely used to it. I am on quite strong medications including the fentanyl patch and oxycodone for break through pain and due to suffering with progressive chronic illness involving a lot of pain and fatigue since 2005 but I was hoping well enough to still live a little up until 2015. Then things started to spiral and sadly due to the pain I’m in during flares of the illness I find myself stuck to the bed and the heat pad all the time with sleep deprivation to boot.
It really sucks. I’m a mom to two girls 14 and and I pretty much missed most of there middle childhood years :disappointed: it makes me so incredibly sad.

My journal is half way there now so looking forward to the next phase !

Thanks so much for the really great help and guide to the way things work , to all of you xx

Jacky x

3 Likes

Jacky this is a real team effort and at first it was 30/40 sofi folks and then when the pioneers come in and started helping us make sofi has something much bigger than its founding team and concept. It be amazing to have you here with us and as a Daddy of two girls who missed much of their growing up I can tell you that what makes daughters incredible is that they always show their parents much more love and forgiveness than perhaps we deserve for all of our best efforts and short comings at parenting them. Now I try to listen more and learn from them xx :pray:

5 Likes

Dear Kaveh,

That’s beautiful what you said about your daughter’s. They sound like mine.
They are so very understanding and empathetic to my situation.of course that doesn’t release the guilt we feel but to see them be wonderful humans is enough to know we did a good job when we could while raising them.
To good parenting!

Much Love
Jacky

5 Likes

Kids are so amazing at being so forgiving , I feel bad when I’m not around some of the time when I’m needed due to my shift routine, but this year I’m hoping to change that, just need to find the perfect job for me :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thankyou for sharing!i was born in liverpool, emmigrated to anerica then Australia 10 years,then America another 14 and wouldnt yah know,im back in England!did a 360!we will fund better ease and calm and loveky to be on the journey with you!!:relaxed:

4 Likes

Welcome @SlimJ1980 thanks for sharing your story. Another mum of 2 girls here and they are only little and I regularly feel mum guilt! The debilitating health condition you experience plus sleep deprivation must make things especially challenging.

@jacquelinecannon1 @chris.king5 I totally understand why it’s easier to journal time in bed rather than hours of sleep. As @Kaveh says, consistency is the most important thing so I’d say keep journalling as you are. Perhaps the time spent in bed may reduce as sleep becomes more consistent. Something for sofi to consider in revisions of the journal though so thank you for asking the question and getting us thinking about this

6 Likes

Thanks @Nicki!Love that we can share openly in a safe space:)):seedling::green_heart:

3 Likes

@Kaveh tears hearing those words on your daughters.i was told i couldbt have kids 2 weeks after i married the love of my life, so i tell all parents ,they are so lucky xx

4 Likes

Hiya,just tested positive fir covid,so my sleep is going be interupted and a bit all over,do i just keep journaling but ill mention in my notes. Take care xx

3 Likes

The one positive of the two times I had Covid was that I slept a lot! I hope you’re feeling better soon xx :pray:

4 Likes

When I had it the other week I was near enough asleep for 2 days :crazy_face: didn’t feel recharged though :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes