Knackered...simples

Heyy Lovely peeps :heart:…I’m utterly struggling with being so tired :tired_face:…my fitbit recorded 4.5 hrs sleep Friday morning…Friday afternoon I went to have my hair cut…wtf …I’m sat waiting next ive dozed off…:roll_eyes::sleeping::yawning_face::see_no_evil:…Yep i work 40 hours a week & have a stressful job but don’t we all …My problem is I can’t switch off :confused:…Well Dr Me has diagnosed that…:sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:…& being :hot_face::hot_face: …fan going even in this gale force wind’s…at least my cramps have stopped…Prescribed Quinine 300mg…so one happy old :older_woman:t2::sweat_smile:…Hope you are all ok safe & well big hugs :older_woman:t2::heart::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I’m so excited that you are here with us @mandy.lodge91 snd that our first plant is valerian in the S1 Program. It has been to have a positive effect on sleeplessness by providing a natural blanket over the parts of the brain that keep on firing after we go to bed and allowing us to settle down and circadian to kick in … so it will be interesting to compare your personal baseline before the plant and during the program and look for effect! Hope you’re feeling better today xx :pray:

5 Likes

Good morning Kaveh, Thank you for your lovely email…:heart:

I’m so glad your happy to have me…I’ve moved in permanently now…sofa :dog: George (GSD…long haired cute boi…:see_no_evil:) and hoover behind me…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

Looking forward to starting…:sleeping::sleeping::grin:!!

Best wishes

Mandy xx :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Gsd! :heart_eyes: I recently got a long haired gsd pup to keep my old gsd X collie company

4 Likes

Awwww George is 7 in June but we think he’s the Peter pan of GSD’s as he still acts like a puppy :dog: :see_no_evil::rofl:! I tried to load a photo of him might have to do it separately !!
Its likely having a baby late in our twilight years…:rofl::rofl:
He keeps us fit and he loves cuddles…all 46kg of him…:sweat_smile::older_woman:t2::man_bald:…xx​:heart:

4 Likes

My cross is 14 going deaf but still going strong. He is in my pfp laying on his back looking derpy.

Pup is 14 weeks old and settling in really well.

This is scout.

And this is defar

7 Likes

Any chance we can indulge in some photos @lrakarid? :grinning:

3 Likes

Just seen these beauties!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

They are my best buddies and help keep me, semi, sane :joy:

4 Likes

Omg scout looks like Georgie did as a
fur baby…They are born adorable :heart_eyes:.

They never judge always there to greet you after a hard sometimes :poop: day & the love is unconditional :heart:.
I did put some photos of Georgie on an email…not sure if it went to the treehouse …not techo …:rofl::older_woman:t2::heart::dog:

5 Likes

Oh yea definitely unconditional. Defar knows when I’m having a panic attack and will just come and sit just close enough that I can stroke him but far enough away that he isn’t in my face.

6 Likes

They used to have Quinine products for sale over the counter and they were also given to people who suffered restless legs syndrome. Its a drug presribed for malaria, but something like 92% of its prescription use was being prescribed to treat restless legs syndrome. But around 2006, the FDA took it off the OTC market because the risks of using it outweighed the benefits.

My mother and I loved what it did to help with restless legs and being able to sleep better with its use. But it did have some pretty bad side effects. I am surprised they are still prescribing it. Not to try to scare you, but there were life threatening side effects because of its use…so I would recommend checking out info and doing reserach on the use of Quinine and see if the benefits outweigh the risks to continue its use?

There is a good article telling about such, from MedScape…I cant make a link to it, but look up medscape.com and search for the article called “Quinine and Leg Cramps: Not Worth the Risk, The View From the FDA” to become better informed about its use.

5 Likes

@Commodore_UAlladore would you know if the quinine in tonic water (gin & tonic anyone…) is at modest levels? Or is the real risk being in those concentrated formats such as pills?

4 Likes

Tonic water does help I am reliably informed from my wife’s grandma who is 102 years young , so I ain’t arguing :wink::blush:.

6 Likes

Yes, they still market soda water with Quinine in it in some places and you can drink a glass of that at night to help with restless legs. It wont really help with insomnia, but it can help calm your legs if you suffer from restless legs syndrome

5 Likes

Thank you @Commodore_UAlladore … Ive just read it …it’s certainly an eye :eye: opener. What is scary i take some of those drugs thats listed :flushed: :thinking: .
The cramps were utterly relentless day and night, they had been going on for quite some time, it got to the stage where i was desperately in need of help to stop them and yes it’s incredibly scary reading that, in nearly 2 weeks ive been taking them ive had one night it was quite bad but not me literally crying in pain and walking around upstairs downstairs as i had been doing for months so :woman_shrugging:…its a tricky one :thinking:…Thank you so much for your message and the article…I didn’t think that they put Quinine in Tonic anymore…Maybe mines more Gin than the Tonic…:rofl::rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink::cocktail::cocktail:…xxx​:older_woman:t2::heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

@dannytobin68 …wow…What a fabbytastic age …I’ll raise my G"n"T …:cocktail::cocktail:
To yr Grandma-in law :heart::heart::older_woman:t2::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Definitely talk tobyour doctor then about using quinine. The quinine in tonic water may be at acceptable levels to the FDA for drinking, but its not likely at a livel that is going to do you any good. The pills that they prescribed for malaria were pretty strong and thsts what helped. But you cannpicknup regular low level tonic water at the store and try a glass every night before bed and see if it helps any… and eat a nightly banana too, the potassium is good for you for muscle aches and cramps and it also has a chemical to help with sleep.

Have a doctor check your potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin D and vitmin K levels. Most women are low on these and they can affect your sleep and getting leg cramps. So if your levels are low on these minerals and vitamins your doctir may wish to prescribe you on a dose of them

5 Likes