An extra little gift 🎁

Just opening my birthday cards and my Sofi pebble was among them! Must’ve come yesterday while i was working and my partner thought it was a card! :laughing: Thanks Sofi team for my extra birthday gift- a lovely pebble surprise! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada:

7 Likes

Love this photo and so happy your surprise made it to you @Quinine!! A very happy birthday to you today and your S2 Pioneer Pack is reserved :relaxed::sparkles::tada::gift:

5 Likes

The person above, @Quinine, has just given my brain a spark. With some meds im in, i get reatless legs, about 4 to 6 times a month, its absolutely horrendous, the gp only wanted to give me more meds, which have side effects, so need more meds…and on and on it goes. I was told to drink tonic water, but only those with quinine in. Whilst can’t detect when it will hwppen, its usually 6 or 7 hours before i change my fentanyl patch, but not every time. I eondered if there was a eay to add quinine into the sprays for those that suffer. I last suffered in the early hours of sunday, 2am to 5am, I personally dont know it happens or why, though i have a few theories, none seem to pan out. I just wondered if there was a way to get quinine into a spray @alexwalkerjones

3 Likes

That’s a great question @MissTQ! I shall tag our medical herbalist @pamelaspence as well as @MJB our in-house ethnobotanist - as they may have some information to offer when it comes to Quinine and similar treatments :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @alexwalkerjones !

Good question. I’m not sure whether you are suggesting putting quinine in the sofi spray @MissTQ ? Unfortunately that’s something we couldn’t do because we need to gather data on how the plant formulas alone affect you.

Additionally, there are safety concerns around using quinine in medicinal doses as a treatment. This article spells out the approach taken in Canada, the US and UK on this Quinine: not a safe drug for treating nocturnal leg cramps - PMC

Taking quinine as tonic water is often advised because it is a lower dose and the quinine is part of the tonic water rather than an isolated constituent and therefore not likely to cause any problems.

I’m wondering whether you have tried magnesium to help your restless legs? Sometimes that can be very effective and without side effects. It is also available in a spray form that you spray onto the soles of your feet just before sleeping. There are many threads in the Treehouse about magnesium so a search should bring something up.

There is also some ecvodence to show that a b-complex can be moderately effective.

Both these supplements are easy to come by and present in a healthy diet.

Hope that helps! :herb:

2 Likes

Thanks for the unfo, greatly appreciated

3 Likes