Valerian plus tablet

Hi as anyone ever tried valerian plus tablets from Holland and barret I brought them a few weeks ago after trying them really unsure if they work as my sleep doesn’t seem improved. If u have tried these what was your experience with them? Any good advice on getting a good night’s sleep would b so helpful.

2 Likes

@jasonldennis12 do you have the details of the product you are taking? Perhaps @pamelaspence may have a view! Have you noticed any benefit either in being more calm or sleeping better? Or feeling more restful?

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve just looked up the product ingredients and it contains both valerian and passion flower. This is a well-known traditional combination but of course, one size does not fit all! So it may be that these are not the herbs for you OR you’ve not been on them long enough to see a difference for you OR the dose is not enough. Sometimes over the counter products are also not great quality… I also prefer working with liquid extracts as I feel they are better absorbed - if you have any digestive issues it may be that your body simply can’t get hold of enough of the active ingredients to put them to use.

Also just thinking around this last week - has it been more stressful? Have you had more caffeine than usual?

Lots of things can feed into why these haven’t worked for you. Might be worth keeping going a while longer.

Hope that helps?
Pamela :herb:

4 Likes

I tried some valerian tablets not the once from Holland and Barrett. First of all the smell was horrendous :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face: did they make me sleep well the smell knocked me nearly out :joy::joy:. I use on one of the horses valerian. And she only gets 10 ml doesn’t smell bad and it’s mainly linseed oil. Every time I give it to her I wonder how strong is valerian if it can calm a horse down with only 10 ml :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Many thanks u have confirmed something for me if digestive problems r there is liquid form a better solution?

2 Likes

With so many ideas being tried - it might be a good idea @Kaveh to consider introducing meditation for the Treehouse…
I am saying this because my sense from reading many posts here is that there is a lot of desperation amongst participants, a general lack of patience and an overall sense of being lost at how to improve sleep.
Meditation could help in addressing these areas, as its proven benefit are manyfold, such as calming the mind, supporting stress reduction and thereby activating the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest mode).

Maybe this could be done via pre-recorded daily meditation sessions lasting 5-10min; available at the click of a button within the Treehouse? Or even a live version for those in the right timezone?

Would there be broad interest for this?

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a lack of patience that people try things . I tried the valerien a few months ago. I tied many things over the many many years of having trouble sleeping.

3 Likes

It is a tricky plant to work with, that’s for sure! Fortunately we have ways :grin:

5 Likes

It may be that is the case for you. I prefer liquid. Have you completed your baseline for sofi yet? If so then the formula we use is liquid so you’ll get to try soon! :herb:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve completed the baseline do u mean the daily sleep planner?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the one :smile:

3 Likes

Yes that’s it. Once you have completed the next stage you get moved along to checking your postal address so we know you will receive your sofi poss when they launch. @Alexandra Walker-Jones via sofi treehouse can help if you have any problems.

3 Likes

for me at the moment to try get good sleeping hours I’m having to try go sleep a lot earlier most days I finish work at five when I’m on a dolly Parton shift I’m going bed just before 8pm to get enough sleep hours so most of my days insist around work then sleep hard to fit other things in my hours other than my two day weekly rest days of work.

2 Likes