New Valerian Pods

I have just received my Valerian pods, cant wait to try them, hope they work as well as Ashwaganda. Taste is a bit yuk though.
Thank you Sofi Team

10 Likes

I’m struggling with the taste, tastes like bile! I kept wanting to gip, couldn’t make the taste disappear. :weary: I would have preferred zesty notes of orange perhaps…

7 Likes

Aww mine arrived Wednesday evening but only seen it Thursday morning so started it last night. I must say it’s a bit funny the first go (after dinner), but after that (before bed), it’s actually more familiar to your palate, and I actually enjoyed it more! Plus, everything that comes after cardamon, it’s a treat!:joy: Hope you can enjoy the valerian one :blush:

4 Likes

You may be on the grapefruit flavour one, and that is better than the others but its hard to mask the taste of Valerian!
I find that eating a small piece of something after helps, but I’m lucky because I’m not much bothered by it now, or by any taste if it works. But for me Valerian doesn’t seem to make me sleep better or go to sleep quicker, if anything i think it did the opposite when i tried it last year!

Still the new locking pods are a huge imrovement. Valerian can, and did, make a brown stain if it leaked in my bag!

5 Likes

If I remember correctly @mozza.stan77 sprayed in their eye :joy:

6 Likes

Right eye is still sleeping well :sleeping:

7 Likes

Not tried the other eye yet then ? :joy:

4 Likes

:joy: aiming high @mozza.stan77 ?
Red eye is not a great look! :laughing:

5 Likes

I remember we have our first ever Pioneer Program with valerian … and we were amazed how much it knocked out our sofi team … some became utterly useless in the mornings! I had an incredible response to valerian so can’t wait! :pray:

6 Likes

Hi @Kaveh , the Valerian doesnt seem to help me as well as the Ashwaganda and the taste is awful, shall i just carry on and see how it goes?
Thank you

1 Like

It can take a while for your body to react to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, but the taste, oooh

1 Like

Hi @Harobed, hopefully the taste won’t seem so bad after a while. This is my second batch and i no longer feel any need to eat or drink something to take the taste away. Perhaps you can find something extra nice to nibble on or drink?!

As Aaron says it can take a while.
However, we are all different and i thought last time i tried it, it made me feel more restless and awake than no sprays at all! I know i am not the only one, one or two other pioneers felt the same when many others felt wiped out!
So i was a bit disappointed to receive the Valerian again (i didn’t find an email asking to choose) and not the Passiflora which i liked.
Still, I am now quite curious to be on the Valerian again. I have wondered if it is a possibility that it was my circumstances last time that prevented better sleep so i will continue to the bitter (sorry!) end!

It’s a personal choice of course, and I’m not suggesting that everyone should do that if they really feel that a herb is not helping, but if you don’t find that it has a really bad effect on your sleep, and are happy to try it for longer, you might find the results interesting when sofi are able to provide feedback?
I am a retired scientist so i love an experiment! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I will perservere and see whats happens. I have been eating an extra strong tic tac after spraying, my cat loves the smell.
Im so tired as not sleeping well at all.

3 Likes