Pod taste (opinions may vary over time)

Used No2 blue pod first and my immediate thought was a very strong liquorice type taste that seemed to linger. As the week went on I got more used to the taste. I decided I like the taste of valerian root spray. Pod No1 (valerian with peppermint) is now in use. Seems to be a nice refreshing spray. Am sleeping better at present than I have for a long time. Many thanks to sofi. Let the good times roll.

6 Likes

Hey… welcome to the treehouse :slight_smile: great to have you with us all and it’s great news that your sleep is improving in such a short time ! I find mine is still up and down but hopefully soon enough it will improve :partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

@CjaJose So happy to have your here and thrilled to hear about your experience with the plants :sparkles: :sofi_moon:

It’s amazing how quickly the taste of plants (even tougher ones to work with like valerian) can grow on us as our taste buds gradually begin to adapt. I thought switching from n.03 to n.02 would be a major change but I barely noticed a difference :blush:

4 Likes

That’s awesome to hear Colin snd delighted that you and valerian are beginning a wonderful relationship! It will be interesting to see how your sleep continues to evolve during the pioneer program both as we test valerian and as we move across to the next plants - S2 is activating Passiflora which also has a huge history in helping with sleep both as a medicinal plant in clinic and clinical tests. So pleased you are here with us @CjaJose :pray:

4 Likes

Hi, @Kaveh, started using pod 1 today finished pod 3 yesterday and although not sure about it at first it grew on me taste wise. The new pod seems to have a nice citrus flavour and seems refreshing.

4 Likes

This is amazing @CjaJose - one of the things I have found super surprising with my own Pioneering of the flavours was how much the taste seems to evolve over use. When you do a Coke v Pepsi taste challenge you get one kind of result. When you test a product over time you get something very different. Some combination of flavours that were terrible I began to like, others that I liked I began to get bored of … very unusual and also incredibly personal. I was dreading to do N.02 so I left it to the last … I really like it now. So I’m really confused. I could probably live with any of the flavours but keen to see how your respond to them. Is it beginning to have an impact on your sleep in any way? :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Kaveh , am enjoying the different pod experiences and am getting what I believe to be differing results from each. The No2 valerian pod more or less gave instant impact, and good sleep results after a few days, with no discernable side affects. Pod 1 was different in as much as I began going into quite deep sleep patterns and dreaming almost every night. Pod 3 is a lovely taste but again once am going into quite deep sleep. Perhaps this could be an accumulated effect of Valerian in the body? All of the pods are proving effective in their initial promise of better and more restful sleep and am happy to continue with the programme as although still only getting between 4 and 5 hours sleep nightly, I do feel more rested.
Thanks to everyone involved for their efforts,
Colin

4 Likes

Still fighting off flu symptoms and not been feeling on top form of late. Pod taste and texture all over the place at the moment as tastebuds are coming and going. Will be ok in a few days and hopefully get back to posting more regularly.

5 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better soon :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you I’m sure I’ll be ok in a few days.

4 Likes

Flu been gone a few days now but sleep very hard to come by. Been back on pod 2 for 2 or 3 days and wondering if it is having adverse effect on my sleep pattern. Seemed to be doing really well up to a few days ago.

3 Likes