Late starting my Sofi journey

Ive not managed to start my sofi journey as yet having been so excited when it dropped through my door. I used it for 1 night and then my current cold got worse and travelled to my chest so ive been on antibiotics all week so thought I would wait until I finished them to behin my sofi journey. SO… Tuesday will be my start date
Can i just ask i dont mean to be rude but i have the passiflora in currently ready to go but the taste isnt very pleasant and i just wondered if the other 2 are similar and if so how people managed to get past the taste. Thank you for your time
Kelly Carter

Kelly Carter

4 Likes

I got used to passiflora. It’s not so bad once you get used to it. It nevers becomes pleasant though, but what medicine does!

I’m trying ashwagandha now. The initial taste of Ash is fine, but it does leave a bitter taste on your tongue. I think it tastes worse than Passiflora as the bitterness lingers.

Haven’t tried valerian, so can’t comment on that.

4 Likes

@Kfc1978 - really good question!

Since our formulations contain (very) concentrated plant extracts, the taste can be off-putting at first. That is why with each new plant we released in previous Pioneer Programs we would give our Pioneers the opportunity to pick the best (aka the most bearable) flavour!

Please check this FAQ for more details and tips on your issue :pray: :herb:: FAQs: on plants + formulations - Frequently Asked Questions - sofi treehouse

3 Likes

The Valerian wont be for everyone either! It has quite a tart grapefruit flavour (which i actually really like!) But it depends on your personal taste of course! Lol :rofl: xx

4 Likes

Personally I prefer passiflora, ashwagandha tastes horrible, vslerian is ok, but personally passiflora is the best taste and helps me to stay asleep longer, but I’m finding it hard to drop off, i think its because I’m worried about upcoming chemo, I think the taste depends on each person, as we’re all different, i dont like lots of herbs or spices, I have dull tastebuds, as my other half says. I’m going to try sprays of both ashwagandha and passiflora, see if a mix helps. I wish you well on your Sofi journey.

Blockquote

2 Likes

I think Ash is the worst tasting one as the bitterness lingers. But taste is very subjective, so I’m sure some would disagree.

3 Likes

Hi. I think you got a lot of good answers. For me, they all tasted horrible in the beginning and I felt really bad when giving my feedback on the pods! I started out by taking them then taking a spoon of yogurt or something flavored after a few minutes (to try and give time for absorption) and then going to bed. I could not sleep with the taste in my mouth at first. Now I just do water and it is enough. However, over time I got more used to the flavours and found them less offensive.

1 Like